School excursionSpecial Offer
Minnamurra Rainforest - an Ecosystem at Risk
Stage 6 (Years 11-12), Geography, Budderoo National Park
Conduct a geographical investigation of Minnamurra Rainforest, a case study of an ecosystem at risk. Exploring its functioning, management and protection.
HSC Geography: Ecosystems at Risk.
Read more about Minnamurra Rainforest - an Ecosystem at Risk
This location offers visitors a rare opportunity to view rainforest that once covered vast areas of the Illawarra region. Minnamurra Rainforest is particularly special because of its diversity of rainforests types, and the range of wildlife that exists within a relatively small area.
For program outline, safety and practical information about this excursion, see info for teachers
|Stage||Stage 6 (Years 11-12)|
|Key learning area||Geography|
- 1 hr 45 min, includes a presentation, guided walk of the Rainforest Loop walk.
- Guided. Available on request. Available on request with prior notification and subject to staff availability.
- Minnamurra Rainforest Centre, Budderoo National Park
- Easy. Presentation and guided walk through the rainforest
- Meeting point
- Minnamurra Rainforest Centre.
- Yes. Worksheet masters, pre and post-activity resources, and additional references will be provided on booking.
- If you would like to organise a NPWS school excursion please get in touch with local staff or use the 'Enquire' link for the online form.
- School excursion inquiries - Minnamurra Rainforest Centre
- 02 4236 0469
- 02 4236 0393
- Budderoo National Park, Minnamurra Falls Road (Tourist Drive No.9), via Jamberoo NSW 2533
- in Budderoo National Park in the South Coast and Country NSW regions
Budderoo National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger. The park gates at Minnamurra Rainforest Centre open at 9am and close at 5pm every day.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day (Minnamurra Rainforest area only). Bus or taxi: $4.40 per adult and $2.20 per child.Buy annual pass