School excursionSpecial Offer
Ecosystems at risk: Minnamurra Rainforest
Stage 6 (Years 11-12), Geography, Budderoo National Park
School excursions in NSW national parks
We are currently taking bookings for school excursions. Not all excursions are being delivered as per the usual program due to rules outlined by NSW Health. Alternative learning options with NPWS include online digital resources or incursions delivered at your school. Please contact your National Parks education contact or the relevant local park office for more information.
Ecosystems at risk is a school excursion at Minnamurra Rainforest for Stage 6 (Years 11-12) students that focuses on geography as a learning area. This excursion is designed to complement a case study of a particular ecosystem at risk.
Read more about Ecosystems at risk: Minnamurra Rainforest
Students will undertake fieldwork that includes an examination of the natural and human impacts at this location and the management of this environment.
They’ll collect information on the biophysical environment by completing data collection and measurements. Students will examine the management strategies in place and propose potential ways to manage issues.
For program outline, safety and practical information about this excursion, see info for teachers
|Stage||Stage 6 (Years 11-12)|
H1. Explains the changing nature, spatial patterns and interaction of ecosystems, urban places and economic activity.
H2. Explains the factors which place ecosystems at risk and the reasons for their protection.
H5. Evaluates environmental management strategies in terms of ecological sustainability.
H6. Evaluates the impacts of, and responses of people to, environmental change.
H7. Justifies geographical methods applicable and useful in the workplace and relevant to a changing world.
H9. Evaluates geographical information and sources for usefulness, validity and reliability.
H10. Applies maps, graphs and statistics, photographs and fieldwork to analyse and integrate data in geographical contexts.
H12. Explains geographical patterns, processes and future trends through appropriate case studies and illustrative examples.
- Guided. Available on request. Different length programs are available upon consultation.
- Minnamurra Rainforest Centre, Budderoo National Park
- 2-5 hr
- Easy. Fieldwork will take place along a river beside the rainforest path.
- Minimum $550 per group for up to 25 students, $22 per student (includes GST).
- No wheelchair access
- Meeting point
- Minnamurra Rainforest Centre
- Yes. Worksheet masters, pre and post-activity resources, and additional references will be provided on booking.
- If you would like to organise a NPWS school excursion please get in touch with local staff or use the 'Enquire' link for the online form.
- School excursion inquiries - Minnamurra Rainforest Centre
- 02 4236 0469
- Budderoo National Park, Minnamurra Falls Road (Tourist Drive No.9), via Jamberoo NSW 2533
- in Budderoo National Park in the South Coast and Country NSW regions
Budderoo National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger. The park gates at Minnamurra Rainforest Centre open at 9am and close at 5pm every day.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day only in the Minnamurra Rainforest area. Bus or taxi: $4.40 per adult and $2.20 per child.Buy annual pass