School excursionSpecial Offer
Stage 2 (Years 3-4), Science and Technology, Sherwood Nature Reserve
Come on a WilderQuest WildTracker school excursion for Stage 2 (Years 3-4) students, focusing on science and technology. Students will explore the living world and carry out open investigations under the towering flooded gums and blue quandongs in the reserve at Woolgoolga Creek picnic area.
Read more about WilderQuest WildTracker
Discover the wide range of invertebrates that live among the trees. Explore the relationship between plants and animals as you investigate the evidence that is left behind.
Learn about and explore this amazing subtropical rainforest alongside national park guides. There’s an abundance of wildlife in this old growth forest. A visit will enrich your understanding of the diversity and relationships that thrive within our protected areas.
For program outline, safety and practical information about this excursion, see info for teachers
|Stage||Stage 2 (Years 3-4)|
|Key learning area||Science and Technology|
- Weekdays during school terms.
- Guided. Available on request.
- Woolgoolga Creek picnic area, Sherwood Nature Reserve
- Easy. Guided activities on a grassed area, along an unsealed track and amongst the leaf litter and gravel creek bed. There are some shallow creek crossings.
$225 per group up to 20 students. For groups over 20 conditions apply.
- Meeting point
- Carpark at Woolgoolga Creek picnic area
- If you would like to organise a NPWS school excursion please get in touch with local staff or use the 'Enquire' link for the online form.