School excursionSpecial Offer
Cape Byron - You're standing in it
Stage 2 (Years 3-4), HSIE, Cape Byron State Conservation Area
This excursion experience has been updated and is now being delivered in line with the new NSW Department of Education Curriculum. We will be revising this excursion's name and information online soon. Contact your local national parks office for more information about the updated excursion.
Read more about Cape Byron - You're standing in it
Cape Byron - You're standing in it - is a Stage 2 (Years 3-4) school excursion in Cape Byron State Conservation Area which focuses on HSIE. We'll explore Cape Byron State Conservation Area, and develop an understanding of why we have national parks, who works in them and how they are managed.
For program outline, safety and practical information about this excursion, see info for teachers
|Stage||Stage 2 (Years 3-4)|
|Key learning area||HSIE|
GE2-1. Examines features and characteristics of places and environments
GE2-2. Describes the ways people, places and environments interact
GE2-4. Acquires and communicates geographical information using geographical tools for inquiry
- Guided. Available on request.
- Cape Byron State Conservation Area
$9.90 per person (minimum $198).
- No wheelchair access
- If you would like to organise a NPWS school excursion please get in touch with local staff or use the 'Enquire' link for the online form.
- School excursion inquiries - Byron Bay
- 02 6620 9300
- 02 6620 9333
- Tallow Beach Road, Byron Bay NSW
- in Cape Byron State Conservation Area in the North Coast region
- Cape Byron State Conservation Area is open all hours, but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- Cape Byron Lighthouse precinct is open 8am to sunset.
- The Maritime Museum in the former Lighthouse Keeper’s office at the base of the lighthouse is open 10am to 4pm daily.
- Opening before 8am for events or disabled access can be arranged by prior notice – contact NPWS Byron Bay office during business hours 02 6639 8300.
Park entry fees:
Cape Byron Lighthouse precinct and Information Centre: $8 per vehicle per hour/$4 per hour motorcycles. Maximum 1 hour per vehicle per calendar day, including all NPWS annual passholders.
Captain Cook lookout, Cosy Corner, and The Pass: $4 per vehicle/motorcycle per hour. Coin-operated and credit card payment available.
Coach entry: $26 per coach up to 30 seats; $50 per coach 31 to 43 seats; $83 per coach 44 seats and over.Buy annual pass