School excursionSpecial Offer
Stage 2 (Years 3-4), HSIE, Thredbo-Perisher area
Kosciuszko gameshow school excursion for Stage 2 (Years 3-4) students in Kosciuszko National Park focuses on HSIE as a KLA. Students use the information they gather from display boards in the Education Centre to compete in a loud, outlandish game show. Enjoy the challenge of a competitive game and barrack for your team.
Read more about Kosciuszko gameshow
Teachers will see that their students are learning and having fun at the same time. After the game show, students can explore the hands-on displays in the Kosciarium.
HSIE: Australia: You're Standing in It!; State and National Parks. This program is also suitable for Science and Technology.
For program outline, safety and practical information about this excursion, see info for teachers
|Stage||Stage 2 (Years 3-4)|
|Key learning area||HSIE|
ENS2.5. Describes places in the local area and other parts of Australia and explains their significance.
ENS2.6. Describes people's interactions with environments and identifies responsible ways of interacting with environments.
- Guided. Available on request.
- Thredbo-Perisher area in Kosciuszko National Park
$7 per student.
- Meeting point
- Kosciuszko Education Centre, Kosciuszko Road at Sawpit Creek, 14kms from Jindabyne towards Perisher.
- If you would like to organise a NPWS school excursion please get in touch with local staff or use the 'Enquire' link for the online form.
- School excursion inquiries - Kosciuszko Education Centre
- 02 6451 3700
- in the Thredbo-Perisher area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
- The Thredbo-Perisher area is open all year, but some roads and trails may close due to weather conditions or park management issues. Kosciuszko Road is closed between Perisher and Charlotte Pass in winter (June to October long weekends).
Park entry fees apply on Alpine Way and Kosciuszko Road
Winter (June to October long weekends): $29 per vehicle per day (24hrs from purchase); motorcycles $12; bus passengers $11.45 per adult, $3.60 per child per day. Find out more about the winter entry surcharge.
Rest of Year: $17 per vehicle per day (24hrs); motorcycles $7; bus passengers $6.60 per adult, $2.20 per child per day.
Passes: Day passes, multi-day passes and annual All Parks Pass available from NPWS visitor centres, local agents and operating vehicle entry stations. Read our Annual Pass FAQs for information. Short Breaks Pass: $68 for 5 days park entry at price of 4 days (not valid winter). Eligible pensioners can apply for a complementary NPWS concession pass, to get free park entry. Download the exemption form (154KB doc).Buy a pass