School excursionSpecial Offer
Stage 2 (Years 3-4), HSIE, Blue Gum Hills Regional Park
School excursions in NSW national parks
We are currently taking bookings for school excursions. Not all excursions are being delivered as per the usual program due to rules outlined by NSW Health. Alternative learning options with NPWS include online digital resources or incursions delivered at your school. Please contact your National Parks education contact or the relevant local park office for more information.
Aboriginal culture is a Stage 2 (Years 3-4) HSIE school excursion, exploring the beautiful natural and built environments of Blue Gum Hills Regional Park. Through first-hand experiences, learn about the culture of the Awabakal People - how they lived, what resources they used and the significance of the land and Dreamtime stories.
Read more about Aboriginal culture
On this excursion, students will learn about the local Aboriginal culture and the impact of European settlement on the area.
For program outline, safety and practical information about this excursion, see info for teachers
|Stage||Stage 2 (Years 3-4)|
GE2-1. Examines features and characteristics of places and environments
GE2-2. Describes the ways people, places and environments interact
HT2-2. Describes and explains how significant individuals, groups and events contributed to changes in the local community over time
HT2-3. Describes people, events and actions related to world exploration and its effects
Weekdays all year.
- Available on request.
- Blue Gum Hills Regional Park
- Easy. Guided activities in a suburban national park, on formed and uneven bush walking tracks, and on a grassed picnic area.
$225 per group (includes GST). Maximum 30 students per group. For groups over 30 conditions apply.
- Meeting point
- Blue Gum Hills Regional Park carpark, off Minmi Road, Minmi.
- If you would like to organise a NPWS school excursion please get in touch with local staff or use the 'Enquire' link for the online form.
- School excursion inquiries - Newcastle Hunter
- 02 4946 4112
- 02 4946 4150
- Hunter Wetland Centre, Sandgate Road, Shortland NSW
- in Blue Gum Hills Regional Park in the North Coast region
Blue Gum Hills Regional Park is open 7.30am to 8pm during daylight savings (7.30am to 5pm at other times), but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.