School excursionSpecial Offer
Stage 1 (Years 1-2), HSIE, Cape Byron State Conservation Area
Dolphin Dreaming is a Stage 1 (Years 1-2) school excursion in Cape Byron State Conservation Area, focusing on HSIE. Through story, dance and creative expression, Arakwal Aboriginal guides present the life and culture of Byron Bay's Aboriginal people.
Read more about Dolphin Dreaming
Students will be encouraged to participate in dance and ceremonies, paint their own special place and learn about the significance of dolphins to the Arakwal community.
For program outline, safety and practical information about this excursion, see info for teachers
|Stage||Stage 1 (Years 1-2)|
|Key learning area||HSIE|
GE1-1. Describes features of places and the connections people have with places
GE1-2. Identifies ways in which people interact with and care for places
GE1-3. Communicates geographical information and uses geographical tools for inquiry
- Cape Byron State Conservation Area
- 1hr 30min
$9.90 per person (minimum $198).
- No wheelchair access
- If you would like to organise a NPWS school excursion please get in touch with local staff or use the 'Enquire' link for the online form.
- School excursion inquiries - Byron Bay
- 02 6620 9300
- 02 6620 9333
- Tallow Beach Road, Byron Bay NSW
- in Cape Byron State Conservation Area in the North Coast region
- Cape Byron State Conservation Area is open all hours, but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- Cape Byron Lighthouse precinct is open 8am to sunset.
- The Maritime Museum in the former Lighthouse Keeper’s office at the base of the lighthouse is open 10am to 4pm daily.
- Opening before 8am for events or disabled access can be arranged by prior notice – contact NPWS Byron Bay office during business hours 02 6639 8300.
Park entry fees:
Cape Byron Lighthouse precinct and Information Centre: $8 per vehicle per hour/$4 per hour motorcycles. Maximum 1 hour per vehicle per calendar day, including all NPWS annual passholders.
Captain Cook lookout, Cosy Corner, and The Pass: $4 per vehicle/motorcycle per hour. Coin-operated and credit card payment available.
Coach entry: $26 per coach up to 30 seats; $50 per coach 31 to 43 seats; $83 per coach 44 seats and over.Buy annual pass