Morton National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Toorooroo campground.
Getting there and parking
Toorooroo campground is in the Yalwal precinct of Morton National Park. To get there from Nowra:
- Drive west on Yalwal Road for approximately 25km
- Once you reach the town of Yalwal, you’ll see Toorooroo campground on the right, just before Yarramunmun Creek.
Check the weather before you set out as the road to this campground can become boggy when it rains.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles (no long vehicle access)
- 4WD required in wet weather
Parking is available at Toorooroo campground.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Morton National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Grab an oar and canoe down the Shoalhaven River or the Kangaroo River. Autumn rains create ideal conditions for river paddling, and you'll find good spots for beginners as well as for more experienced paddlers.
Take the Three Views or Granite Falls walking tracks to see wildflowers in colourful bloom.
The rainforests of Morton National Park are a great place to escape the summer heat – try the Erith Coal Mine track at Bundanoon or the nearby Fairy Bower Falls walk.
- Water is not available at this campground, so you'll need to bring your own supply for drinking and cooking.
- Rubbish bins are not available – please take rubbish with you when leaving.
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)
- Fire rings (bring your own firewood)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - hard
- Wheelchairs can access this area with some difficulty
- in Morton National Park in the South Coast and Country NSW regions
Morton National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Parts of the south-eastern area of this park were once used for military training and may contain unexploded artillery shells. These areas have restrictions in place for your safety.
Park entry fees:
Fitzroy Falls: $4 per vehicle per day. Bundanoon area: $8 per vehicle per day. The park has coin-operated pay and display machines - please bring correct coins.Buy a pass