Empire Marina Bobbin Head
Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
Empire Marina Bobbin Head, just north of Sydney, offers berths and boat hire, fishing and on-site dining options catering to every visitor in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park.
- Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Opening times
Galley Foods is:
- open 8:30 – 4pm (Monday – Friday)
- open 8am – 4pm (Saturday – Sunday)
- for dinner opening hours, visit the Galley Foods website.
- Please note
- It can be a busy place on the weekend, so parking might be limited.
- A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters
- There is limited mobile reception in this park
In 2008, Empire Marina Bobbin Head underwent a multi-million dollar re-development. Since then it has proved itself as the most outstanding marina of the area, offering a variety of berths and easy water access to the pristine reaches of Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park. The award-winning business offers 200 deepwater berths and on-site trade services just 24km north of Sydney.
If you’re looking to hire a runabout, this is the place to come and has been since the 1890s. Bring your gear and choose a small boat to reach dozens of inlets between Bobbin Head and Cottage Point, teeming with birdlife and superb opportunities for fishing.
Before you set out, be sure to stop in at Galley Foods Restaurant, with a spacious outdoor dining area overlooking the marina. Locally sourced fish and organic produce from Galston or Flemington Markets guarantees a delicious breakfast and lunch. If you prefer to eat on the water, stop in at Gallery Foods to pick up some delicious snacks to take with you whilst on the water.
Sign up to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with information, new products, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
Saving our Species is a innovative conservation program in NSW. It aims to halt and reverse the growing numbers of Australian animals and plants facing extinction. This program aims to secure as many threatened species that can be secured in the wild as possible, for the next 100 years.
- in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- Gates to Bobbin Head and Appletree Bay are closed from 8pm to 6am during daylight savings periods, and from 5.30pm to 6am at other times of the year.
- Gates to West Head are closed from 8.30pm to 6am during daylight savings periods, and from 6pm to 6am at other times of the year.
Park entry fees:
$11 per vehicle per day. Bus or taxi: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day). There is no daily entry fee for teachers/educational supervisors (1 adult per 10 children).Buy an annual pass.
Sydney North (Bobbin Inn, Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park)
(02) 9472 8949
Contact hours: 10am-4pm daily. 9am-4pm during summer school holidays (closed 12pm-12:30pm) (closed Christmas Day)
- Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park, Bobbin Head Road, Mount Colah
Fax: (02) 9457 0113
- Sydney North (Bobbin Inn, Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park)
The Basin and Beechwood Cottage (Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park)
(02) 9974 1011
- Fax: (02) 9974 4036
- The Basin and Beechwood Cottage (Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park)
Sydney North (Kalkari Discovery Centre)
(02) 9472 9300
(02) 9472 9301
Contact hours: 9am to 5pm daily (closed Christmas Day)
- Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park, Ku-ring-gai Chase Road, Mount Colah
- Sydney North (Kalkari Discovery Centre)