Minnamurra Rainforest Centre
Budderoo National Park
Minnamurra Rainforest Centre offers a range of special places for an intimate wedding ceremony and superb photography. Say your vows shrouded by subtropical rainforest, near Jamberoo.
- Venue is suitable for
- Wedding ceremonies
- Maximum people: 20
- Picnic tables, cafe/kiosk, carpark, drinking water, toilets
- Entry fees
Let us know in advance if you’re paying your guests’ $12 vehicle entry fee, and send us a guest list (in alphabetical order) before your wedding day. Or, if guests are paying the vehicle entry fee themselves, please let them know this in advance.
- Available for hire 7 days a week, 2pm to 4pm, except during school holidays, Easter holidays, long weekends and public holidays. Dates may be negotiable for small wedding groups or wedding photography.
- To make a function or event booking, or for more venue information, please email Minnamurra Rainforest Centre or phone 02 4236 0469 (and choose option 3). Wedding photography must be booked. Minimum 6 weeks’ booking notice required.
- Other Information
Please remember to stay on the boardwalk at all times.
If you're looking for a beautiful outdoor venue for small wedding ceremonies or wedding photography, Minnamurra Rainforest Centre offers several timeless locations to choose from. With a picturesque suspension bridge, elevated walkways winding through remnant rainforest and a tranquil riverside picnic area, you’re sure to find the perfect spot. In each setting you’ll enjoy the gentle sounds of river flowing over moss-coloured boulders, birdsong and the breeze whispering through leaves.
The subtropical rainforest is a magical place to start the next cycle of your life with your partner.
Located in the foothills of Jamberoo Valley, west of Kiama, Minnamurra Rainforest Centre is perfectly situated for an intimate spring or autumn wedding. Even if walkers pause to view your ceremony, it remains a peaceful and welcoming environment for you and your guests.
For the latest updates on fires, closures and other alerts in this area, see https://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/venues/minnamurra-rainforest-centre/local-alerts
- in Budderoo National Park in the South Coast and Country NSW regions
Budderoo National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger. The park gates at Minnamurra Rainforest Centre open at 9am and close at 5pm every day.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day only in the Minnamurra Rainforest area. Bus or taxi: $4.40 per adult and $2.20 per child.Buy annual pass.
All the practical information you need to know about Minnamurra Rainforest Centre.
Getting there and parking
Minnamurra Rainforest Centre is located in the foothills of Jamberoo Valley, west of Kiama on the NSW South Coast. To get there from Jamberoo:
- After leaving Jamberoo village, turn left onto Jamberoo Mountain Road.
- Take the first right onto Minnamurra Falls Road and travel 3.5km to Minnamurra Rainforest Centre at the end of the road.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
Car and bus parking are available at Minnamurra Rainforest Centre, including designated disabled parking bays.
Wedding party, guests and photographer are to park in designated spaces.
It's essential to pre-book coach parking.
Spring and autumn are the best seasons for wedding ceremonies in the rainforest. Summer can be hot and humid, and winter temperatures can be very cold.
- Flush toilets
Maps and downloads
Fees and passes
Venue hire fees apply. For more information, please email Minnamurra Rainforest Centre or phone (02) 4236 0469.
Disability access level - hard
- While construction of a new visitor centre is underway, access to this area is difficult
- The picnic area, cafe and first 500m of the loop walk are wheelchair-accessible with assistance
- There are some uphill slopes to access these areas that are wheelchair-accessible with assistance
- Disabled parking spots are available
- Wheelchair access toilets are available