Minyon Falls lookout
Nightcap National Park
Minyon Falls lookout offers stunning views of the waterfall, rainforest and coast, with opportunities for picnics and barbecues. The lookout is wheelchair accessible.
- Nightcap National Park
- Please note
- Please note there is no public access within 100m of the top of Minyon Falls.
- Drinking water is not available in this park so it's a good idea to bring your own, and also something to take your rubbish away in
- Check the weather before you visit Minyon falls, as the falls might not be flowing strongly if you are visiting during a dry spell, it will be at its most impressive after wet weather
The view from Minyon Falls lookout is simply stunning; not only of the falls themselves, but on a clear day you might be lucky to see all the way out to the coast.
From the lookout, watch as the flow cascades over Minyon Falls to a deep palm-shaded gorge roughly 100m below. The tops of the cliffs are forested with Australian eucalypts, like blackbutt and scribbly gum and at the base is a beautiful natural pool that was made for swimming.
Minyon Falls is a great place for a quick stop, but if you’d like to spend longer at this pretty place, there's a picnic area with plenty of shady trees, barbecues and picnic tables. There are also a couple of bushwalks that leave from the picnic area, including Boggy Creek walk, which takes you to Rummery Park campground, and Minyon Falls loop walk, which takes you down to the base of the falls.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
Saving our Species is a innovative conservation program in NSW. It aims to halt and reverse the growing numbers of Australian animals and plants facing extinction. This program aims to secure as many threatened species that can be secured in the wild as possible, for the next 100 years.
- in Nightcap National Park in the North Coast region
Nightcap National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
(02) 6627 0200
Contact hours: 8.30am-4.30pm Monday to Friday
- Colonial Arcade, 75 Main Street, Alstonville NSW
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: (02) 6627 0250