Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
Located in Sydney's north, Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park combines important history with scenic beauty, making it perfect for school excursions. Bobbin Head is a great place for a family picnic, and parts of the park are ideal for cycling, fishing and bushwalking.
Read more about Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
Australia’s second-oldest national park, Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park is a recreational favourite for locals and visitors alike. This large park, located in Sydney’s north, lets you feel at one with nature without leaving the Sydney metropolitan area. A heritage-listed park, it combines important history with scenic beauty.
Winding creeks and stretches of ocean meet rainforest and eucalypts, rocky cliffs and mangroves. Camp at The Basin or spend your time exploring walking tracks, mountain biking trails, breathtaking lookouts and significant Aboriginal sites. You’ll still have plenty of time to discover its marinas, cafes, kiosks and well-equipped picnic areas.
Highlights in this park
See more activities
NSW national parks in Sydney and surrounds have the best vantage points to see whales during their annual migration, which takes place from June to November. Plan your next coastal adventure on the Wild About Whales website.
Saving our Species is a innovative conservation program in NSW. It aims to halt and reverse the growing numbers of Australian animals and plants facing extinction. This program aims to secure as many threatened species that can be secured in the wild as possible, for the next 100 years.
- in the Sydney and surrounds region
Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- Gates to Bobbin Head and Appletree Bay are closed from 8pm to 6am during daylight savings periods, and from 5.30pm to 6am at other times of the year.
- Gates to West Head are closed from 8.30pm to 6am during daylight savings periods, and from 6pm to 6am at other times of the year.
Park entry fees:
$11 per vehicle per day. Bus or taxi: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day). There is no daily entry fee for teachers/educational supervisors (1 adult per 10 children).Buy an annual pass.
Sydney North (Bobbin Inn, Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park)
(02) 9472 8949
Contact hours: 10am-4pm daily. 9am-4pm during summer school holidays (closed 12pm-12:30pm) (closed Christmas Day)
- Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park, Bobbin Head Road, Mount Colah
Fax: (02) 9457 0113
- Sydney North (Bobbin Inn, Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park)
The Basin and Beechwood Cottage (Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park)
(02) 9974 1011
- Fax: (02) 9974 4036
- The Basin and Beechwood Cottage (Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park)
Sydney North (Kalkari Discovery Centre)
(02) 9472 9300
(02) 9472 9301
Contact hours: 9am to 5pm daily (closed Christmas Day)
- Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park, Ku-ring-gai Chase Road, Mount Colah
- Sydney North (Kalkari Discovery Centre)