Bouddi National Park
Bouddi National Park’s natural coastline is under threat from invasive weeds. If you’re interested in helping to restore the native vegetation along this section of NSW coast, then volunteer to join a local bushcare group. Work is carried out in various sections of the park, including MacMasters Beach.
- Bush regeneration
All year round, during weekends and weekdays, with dates and times specific to each group.
- Bouddi National Park
- Meeting point
- Activities take place at a number of different locations in Bouddi National Park, so meeting places vary depending on the activity.
- What to
- Sturdy shoes, hat, sunscreen, snacks, drinking water, gardening gloves
- More information
Email or phone Deb Holloman of NSW National Parks on (02) 4320 4224.
Without proactive bushcare, the natural habitat of native Australian animals and birds along Bouddi National Park’s coastline will eventually be destroyed. If you’d like to help tackle invasive weeds, then volunteer to join one of the bush regeneration groups that work across the park in locations such as:
- MacMasters Beach
- Lobster Beach
- Wagstaffe/Half Tide Rocks
- Maitland Bay
One group, for example, are the Bitou Bashers. They've successfully carried out weed removal along Maitland Bay's beachfront since 1980.
All volunteers are trained in weed identification and removal techniques including:
- Cut and paint with poison
- Scrape and paint with poison
- Pull out by hand
- Bag seed heads
If you're of moderate fitness, happy to get your hands dirty, and would like to work alongside friendly, like-minded locals, then join us for this rewarding volunteer work.
- in Bouddi National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Bouddi National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day in the Putty Beach precinct. The park has coin-operated pay and display machines - please bring correct coins.Buy an annual pass.
- Central Coast
(02) 4320 4200
Contact hours: Monday to Friday, hours vary.
- Suites 36-38, 207 Albany Street North, Gosford NSW
- Fax: (02) 4320 4299
- Central Coast
(02) 4320 4200 (Central Coast office)
Contact hours: 8.30am-4.30pm Monday to Friday
- Corner of Maitland Bay Drive and The Scenic Rd, Killcare Heights NSW