Mount Kaputar National Park
Green Camp in Mount Kaputar National Park, in north west NSW, is the start of the incredible Yulludunida walking track.
- Picnic areas
- Mount Kaputar National Park
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
- Please note
- The weather in this area can be extreme and unpredictable, so please ensure you’re well prepared for your visit.
- There is limited mobile reception in this park
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to go bird watching
Green Camp in Mount Kaputar National Park, is the base for walkers hiking the spectacular Yulludunida walking track. Near Narrabri in North West NSW, this remote picnic area is popular with adventurous bushwalkers and offers a scenic lookout for nature lovers and photographers.
It’s a great place to organise yourself before setting out on a hiking adventure. It’s also a great vantage point to take in the impressive views of the Yulludunida bluff as it changes colours in the light.
The low-altitude woodland that surrounds Green Camp is covered in a blanket of lovely gold and purple pea flowers come spring. Be sure to keep your eyes open for glimpses of the endangered population of Australian brush-turkeys.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
Saving our Species is a innovative conservation program in NSW. It aims to halt and reverse the growing numbers of Australian animals and plants facing extinction. This program aims to secure as many threatened species that can be secured in the wild as possible, for the next 100 years.
- in Mount Kaputar National Park in the Country NSW region
Mount Kaputar National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
(02) 6792 7300
(02) 6792 4680 After hours emergency
Contact hours: 8.30am-4.30pm Monday to Friday
- 1/100 Maitland Street, Narrabri NSW. (Accessible via Dewhurst Street)
- Fax: (02) 6792 1133