Second Ponds Creek walk
Rouse Hill Regional Park
Go for a bike ride or take your dog for a walk along the short Second Ponds Creek walk in Rouse Hill Regional Park. It’s a great way to start or finish to your picnic.
- Rouse Hill Regional Park
- 1km loop
- Time suggested
- Please note
- It’s a good idea to put sunscreen on before you set out and remember to take a hat and drinking water
- Dogs are permitted in this part of the park – you will need to keep them on a leash at all times and remember to pick up after them
- Please take your rubbish with you when you leave the park
- There are rainwater tanks, but it is recommended that you boil this water before drinking
- Toilet facilities are located near the oval and at the pavilions
- It can be a busy place on the weekend, so parking might be limited
Enjoy a short brisk walk along Second Ponds Creek with your kids and dogs or just hop on your bike for an easy ride through remnant woodland past the scenic pond.
There is plenty of shade along this easy walk, so it’s a good one for a sunny day. Be sure to look and listen out for the birds along the way. You’re sure to feel energised after a little dose of nature.
The walk starts from the picnic area, why not take a walk before your picnic to work up a hunger?
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
Saving our Species is a innovative conservation program in NSW. It aims to halt and reverse the growing numbers of Australian animals and plants facing extinction. This program aims to secure as many threatened species that can be secured in the wild as possible, for the next 100 years.
- in Rouse Hill Regional Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Rouse Hill Regional Park is open 8am to 8pm during daylight savings (8am to 5pm at other times), but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
(02) 4572 3100
Contact hours: 8.30am-4.30pm Monday to Friday (closed public holidays)
- Scheyville National Park, Scheyville Road, Scheyville NSW
- Fax: (02) 4580 2714