Collins Flat Beach
Sydney Harbour National Park
Collins Flat Beach is available for hire. Enjoy a family picnic with swimming and scenic harbour views or organise a beach wedding on the beautiful sands.
- Sydney Harbour National Park
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Please note
- It’s a good idea to put sunscreen on before you set out and remember to take a hat and plenty of water if you’re planning a picnic
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to birdwatch or whale watch
- It can be a busy place on the weekend, so parking might be limited.
- Collins Flat Beach is available for events and function hire.
With its scenic harbour views, Collins Flat Beach, just north of Sydney city and nestled between North Head and Little Manly Cove, is an idyllic spot for a romantic picnic.
Whether you’re swimming in the calm waters or nibbling on gourmet snacks from a hamper for two, this hidden beach, with a breathtaking view across The Heads, feels a world away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
With Q Station just a short drive away, you could even end off your romantic day out with an overnight stay at this beautifully restored heritage accommodation.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
Fort Denison is home to a wealth of historic heritage. The Fort Denison heritage collection project invited volunteers to locate, identify, document, conserve, interpret and make accessible the heritage collections in Sydney Harbour National Park. This allowed NPWS to engage with the community and ensure our collections are protected.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 9am-5pm 7 days
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles)
- (02) 9585 6831
- in Sydney Harbour National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Sydney Harbour National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Vehicle entry fees:
Bradleys Head carpark: $7 per vehicle per day. North Head carpark: $4 per vehicle per day. There are pay and display machines that accept cards and coins - no change given.
Chowder Bay carpark: Monday-Friday: $3 per hour, to a maximum of $16 per day. Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays: $4 per hour, to a maximum of $20 per day. If you hold an NPWS All Parks or Multi Parks Pass, you can park free for up to four hours per calendar day - additional time can be purchased.
Landing fee or tour fee applies to visit Sydney Harbour Islands. Fort Denison can only be visited on a tour. To visit Shark, Clark or Rodd islands, you'll need to book and pay landing fees beforehand. To arrange, please contact 13000 PARKS (13000 72757).Buy an annual pass.
(02) 9337 5511
Contact hours: 9am-5pm Monday to Friday
- Greycliffe House, Nielsen Park, Vaucluse NSW
- Fax: (02) 9337 1303
(02) 9960 6266
Contact hours: 9am-4.30pm Monday to Friday
- Governors Road, Middle Head, Mosman NSW
- Fax: (02) 9960 3965