Apple Tree picnic area
Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
Apple Tree picnic area is a popular waterfront rest spot, but it’s also the beginning of the Berowra walking track. Find access to parking, a café and toilets here.
- Picnic areas
- Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Please note
- It’s a good idea to put sunscreen on before you set out and remember to take a hat
- It can be a busy place on the weekend, so parking might be limited.
- If you’re bushwalking in this park, it’s a good idea to bring a topographic map and compass, or a GPS.
- A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters
Apple Tree picnic area is only an hour’s drive from Sydney and one of the gateways to Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park’s many walking trails, waterways and lookouts. Apple Tree picnic area provides an easily accessible spot to park your car and re-energise, before you head off into the park and explore. You can buy drinks and food at the café or make use of the shaded picnic tables and barbecues. The Berowra walking track begins at this point, but if you have a boat, you can also set sail from Apple Tree picnic area’s boat ramp.
Sign up to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with information, new products, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
Saving our Species is a innovative conservation program in NSW. It aims to halt and reverse the growing numbers of Australian animals and plants facing extinction. This program aims to secure as many threatened species that can be secured in the wild as possible, for the next 100 years.
- in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- Gates to Bobbin Head and Appletree Bay are closed from 8pm to 6am during daylight savings periods, and from 5.30pm to 6am at other times of the year.
- Gates to West Head are closed from 8.30pm to 6am during daylight savings periods, and from 6pm to 6am at other times of the year.
Park entry fees:
$11 per vehicle per day. Bus or taxi: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day). There is no daily entry fee for teachers/educational supervisors (1 adult per 10 children).Buy an annual pass.
Sydney North (Bobbin Inn, Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park)
(02) 9472 8949
Contact hours: 10am-4pm daily. 9am-4pm during summer school holidays (closed 12pm-12:30pm) (closed Christmas Day)
- Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park, Bobbin Head Road, Mount Colah
Fax: (02) 9457 0113
- Sydney North (Bobbin Inn, Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park)
The Basin and Beechwood Cottage (Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park)
(02) 9974 1011
- Fax: (02) 9974 4036
- The Basin and Beechwood Cottage (Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park)
Sydney North (Kalkari Discovery Centre)
(02) 9472 9300
(02) 9472 9301
Contact hours: 9am to 5pm daily (closed Christmas Day)
- Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park, Ku-ring-gai Chase Road, Mount Colah
- Sydney North (Kalkari Discovery Centre)