Scheyville horse riding trails
Scheyville National Park
Scheyville National Park has 12km of horse riding trails in a bushland setting suitable for horse riders of all ages and experience. Enjoy easy trail riding in western Sydney.
- Scheyville National Park
- 12km one-way
- Time suggested
- Opening times
Scheyville National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger. Memorial Drive vehicle access (main park entry via Scheyville Road – no horseriding):
- Weekdays: open 8.30am – 4.30pm.
- Weekends: open 8.30, closure time may vary - may close any time after 4pm.
- Please note
- It’s a good idea to put sunscreen on before you set out and remember to take a hat and drinking water
- Horse riding isn't permitted during or following wet weather due to trail damage
- Let someone know where you are in case you come off your horse and get injured
Canter, trot or gallop through the 12km of horse riding trails in Scheyville National Park, which are situated in a picturesque, diverse woodland setting. Most riders find it easy to check out all of the trails here within a day, riding at a leisurely pace through forest and shrub, along open grasslands, and across creek crossings. Overall, the trails make for an easy, relaxed ride on reasonably flat terrain.
The trails are popular all year around as there’s plenty of shade for those hot summer days, and when the weather is cooler, you can make the most of the sunshine riding through grassland areas. In spring, the grounds are blanketed in beautiful native wildflowers. Keep your eyes open for eastern grey kangaroos and the occasional red-necked wallaby in the early morning or late afternoon.
Sign up to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with information, new products, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
Saving our Species is a innovative conservation program in NSW. It aims to halt and reverse the growing numbers of Australian animals and plants facing extinction. This program aims to secure as many threatened species that can be secured in the wild as possible, for the next 100 years.
- in Scheyville National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
(02) 4572 3100
Contact hours: 8.30am-4.30pm Monday to Friday (closed public holidays)
- Scheyville National Park, Scheyville Road, Scheyville NSW
- Fax: (02) 4580 2714