Hastings Forest Way touring route
Willi Willi National Park
See Gondwana rainforest, go camping, birdwatching and enjoy amazing scenery on a scenic drive through Hastings Forest Way touring route near Port Macquarie and Wauchope.
- Willi Willi National Park
- Time suggested
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
- Please note
- Hastings Forest Way is routinely used by logging trucks. Drive to the conditions and move well out of the way to allow trucks to safely pass.
- The weather in this area can be extreme and unpredictable, so please ensure you’re well-prepared for your visit.
- There is limited mobile reception in this park
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to bird watch
Get away from everything and discover remote bushland on Hastings Forest Way touring route. This scenic drive is a fantastic way to explore the wilderness and falls country of Werrikimbe National Park. Make it a day trip or camp overnight at Brushy Mountain or Plateau Beech campground.
The 122km return touring route from Wauchope to Brushy Mountain climbs from 100m above sea level to 1,100m near Spokes Mountain. The journey takes you through the woodlands and heath, dotted with colourful wildflowers in spring and into ancient Gondwana rainforest.
For rewarding views, make a side-trip to Number 1 Tower picnic area or take your 4WD along the isolated Racecourse trail up the escarpment to Mooraback campground and continue on to Walcha.
Stop to enjoy a peaceful picnic and take advantage of the great birdwatching. You’ll see a range of forest birds such as eastern yellow robins, scarlet robins and rufous fantails.
Sign up to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with information, new products, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
Saving our Species is a innovative conservation program in NSW. It aims to halt and reverse the growing numbers of Australian animals and plants facing extinction. This program aims to secure as many threatened species that can be secured in the wild as possible, for the next 100 years.
- Port Macquarie
- 9am-4.30pm Monday to Friday
- (02) 6588 5555 for general enquiries only, no bookings.
- (02) 6588 5500
- 22 Blackbutt Road, Port Macquarie NSW
- in Willi Willi National Park in the North Coast and Country NSW regions
Willi Willi National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- Macleay area office
(02) 6561 6700
Contact hours: 9am-4.30pm Monday to Friday
- 247 Old Station Rd, Kempsey NSW
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Macleay area office