Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
The beautifully restored Beechwood Cottage in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park is one of Sydney’s idyllic, historic wedding venues. It’s also an ideal venue hire option for conferences and private functions.
- Venue is suitable for
- Wedding receptions, wedding ceremonies, corporate and MICE events, private party or function
- Maximum people: 60
- Carpark, drinking water, toilets, electric power
For fee information phone (02) 9451 3479.
- Venue available for exclusive hire
- A completed application form should be received several months in advance of the event in order to assure availability of your preferred venue and date(s) and adequate time for the review process by NPWS. Initial assessment of the event application, site plan and supporting documentation may take 2-3 weeks.
- Other Information
Filming and photography shoots on application. If you choose to arrive by car instead of ferry or water taxi, you'll be walking a 2.8km track from West Head Road carpark to get to the Basin. It's better to get the ferry if you have heavy gear or kids.
Originally built in 1882, Beechwood Cottage harks back to an era when sailors, convicts and even pirates lived in these parts. Now it’s your turn to add to the region’s colourful history and hire this beautifully restored historic cottage in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park.
Situated on the western shores of Pittwater, near The Basin picnic area, this charming venue is available for conferences, functions and weddings. With delightful water views and a tranquil bush setting, it’s a perfect venue hire option for relaxed and informal get togethers. It has a large function room, a well-equipped kitchen, and wide shady verandahs. There’s even a fenced yard where kids can run around.
There’s plenty of equipment to cater for up to 60 guests inside the cottage, however larger groups may choose to take advantage of the spacious grounds, with room for a marquee.
For the latest updates on fires, closures and other alerts in this area, see https://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/venues/beechwood-cottage/local-alerts
- in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- The entrance to Bobbin Head and Appletree Bay is closed from 8pm to 6am during daylight savings periods, and from 5.30pm to 6am the rest of the year.
- Gates to West Head are closed from 8.30pm to 6am during daylight savings periods, and from 6pm to 6am the rest of the year.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day.
Vehicles over 8 seats: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day). Students on educational programs: $1.10 per student. Teachers/educational supervisors: free (1 adult per 10 students).
A $3 per adult, $2 per child landing fee may apply for day visitors to The Basin campground. Please pay at the campground wharf. Landing fees are included in your camping fees.Buy annual pass.
All the practical information you need to know about Beechwood Cottage.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Park entry points
- Palm Beach ferry wharf carpark See on map
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at the carpark on West Head Road. Please note it is a 2.8km walk along a fire trail from the West Head Road carpark to Beechwood Cottage.
The function room features 7 tables, a serving table, 60 chairs, a projection screen, a flip chart, butchers' paper and a whiteboard. The kitchen has a fridge and freezer, stove, hot water urn, portable gas barbecue, workbench, sink, mop and broom. You'll need to bring your own food, drinks, crockery, glasses, cutlery, tea towels, stationery and electronic equipment. Overnight accommodation is not available at Beechwood Cottage.
- Flush toilets
Standard residential power points available within the cottage.
Maps and downloads
Fees and passes
Daily entry fees and landing fees apply at Beechwood Cottage.
Daily entry fees: If travelling by motor vehicle to Beechwood Cottage, you'll need to pay daily entry fees. Daily fees for Ku-ring-gai National Park are payable at the entry station to the park. Annual passes can be purchased online prior to arrival.
Landing fees:If you're arriving at Beechwood Cottage by water, you'll need to pay landing fees. These are payable at the campground wharf through an honesty box. Please note, annual passes do not cover landing fees.
Bobbin Head Information Centre
688 Ku-ring-gai Chase Road, Mount Colah, NSW 2079
- 10am to 4pm daily. 9am to 4pm during summer school holidays, closed 12pm-12:30pm. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 9472 8949
Kalkari Discovery Centre
402 Ku-ring-gai Chase Road, Mount Colah NSW 2079
- 9am to 5pm daily. 9am to 4pm daily in June and July. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 9472 9300
- 02 9472 9301
- Kalkari Discovery Centre