Sydney Harbour National Park
With breathtaking views of Sydney Harbour, Athol Hall is the perfect venue to celebrate a memorable wedding reception or birthday party against a dazzling backdrop.
- 2 Athol Wharf Road, Mosman, NSW, 2088 - in Sydney Harbour National Park
- Venue is suitable for
- Christenings, corporate and business events, private party or function, wedding ceremonies and wedding reception
- Maximum people: 200
- Cafe/kiosk, carpark, toilets
Contact Athol Hall for fees.
- Venue available for exclusive hire
- Email Athol Hall or phone 02 8218 8844 or 0425 356 713. Visit the Athol Hall website for further information.
- Other Information
- Bookings at Athol Hall are for non-exclusive use only, which means other park visitors may be around the area
- Wedding photography at other locations in Bradleys Head, for example at the amphitheatre, must be booked by emailing the NPWS Events Team. Requests will be approved pending availability.
Nestled on the harbour foreshore, Athol Hall oozes charm and grandeur with breathtaking views of the city skyline and Sydney Harbour amid a tranquil bush setting. Transform a special occasion into a spectacular event at this historic venue for hire in Sydney Harbour National Park.
Whether you’re keen to impress your visitors with a spot of lunch, looking for the perfect wedding venue, or arranging a memorable birthday party, Athol Hall is the ideal location. With the catering sorted, you can focus on creating priceless memories and beautiful photographs. And, with a large undercover terrace and spacious grassy area, there are plenty of spots to raise a glass and enjoy watching the sun set over Sydney Harbour Bridge. You can also hire Bradley's Head Amphitheatre nearby.
With expansive water views across iconic Sydney Harbour and stretching out to Sydney’s eastern suburbs, Middle Harbour and Manly - Middle Head will impress your guests at your next product launch, conference or wedding ceremony.
Middle Head – Gubbuh Gubbuh ('gub-uh, gub-uh) is one of Sydney Harbour's seven headlands. Enjoy scenic views of Sydney Harbour from the lookout or take a guided tour of the historic fort and military relics.
Going to a wedding or looking for a secluded getaway in Sydney Harbour National Park? Middle Head Officers Quarters is close to the action but in its own world – only minutes from Mosman village and Taronga Zoo.
Tread the paths of history past Taronga Zoo and federation homes on The Harbour Bridge to Spit Bridge walk. Be enthralled in beautiful bushland and rainforest remnants.
For the latest updates on fires, closures and other alerts in this area, see https://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/venues/athol-hall/local-alerts
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- in Sydney Harbour National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Sydney Harbour National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
Bradleys Head carpark: $8 per vehicle per day. North Head carpark: $5 per vehicle per day. There are pay and display machines that accept cards and coins - no change given. Chowder Bay Road parking: Monday-Friday: $3 per hour, to a maximum of $16 per day. Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays: $4 per hour, to a maximum of $20 per day. If you hold an NPWS All Parks or Multi Parks Pass, you can park free for up to four hours per day - additional time can be purchased. Car parks operated by Sydney Harbour Federation Trust or Mosman Council are not covered by your pass. Please check signs carefully.
Landing fees or tour fees apply to visit Sydney Harbour islands. All public visitors to Shark, Clark or Rodd Island, need to pay a $7 per person landing fee. To arrange, please contact 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS). Annual NSW Parks Passes do not cover landing fees.Buy annual pass.
All the practical information you need to know about Athol Hall.
Terms and conditions
Please email Athol Hall for any special venue hire conditions.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Park entry points
- Bradleys Head Road See on map
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Pay and display parking fees apply at Bradleys Head. Parking is available on a first-in, first-served basis in designated areas.
Guests may use the carpark located near Athol Hall, however it's not reserved for the event and will remain open to other park visitors.
Please take all rubbish, including plant and food material, with you when you leave.
- Flush toilets
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - no wheelchair access
Wheelchair access is not available. For more information please call Athol Hall on (02) 8218 8844.
Food and drink
Catering is permitted on arrangement with Athol Hall.
Petals, flowers and flower arrangements containing no seed material. A florist can arrange this for you on request.
Structures, staging, furniture, amusements and decorations
- Weighted free-standing decorative items such as bridal arches, red carpet and columns.
- 15 chairs with rail-style legs
- 3 tables no larger than 3m square
Commercial filming and photography
- 1 photographer, 1 photographer's assistant, 1 videographer and 1 videographer's assistant.
- Commercial photography and video requires a small scale photography license
Power, lighting and amplified sounds
- 1 single speaker portable PA system or music player with an amplifier no greater than 50 watts
- Volume must be kept at a level that does not interfere with neighbours or the public
- Lighting may be approved on application, however bookings are available during daylight hours only.
Tents and marquees are not permitted
Camp fires and solid fuel burners
Solid fuel barbecues are not permitted
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.