Guy Fawkes River State Conservation Area
Located near the historic town of Dalmorton, this campground is a great base for exploring walks in Guy Fawkes River State Conservation Area or for swimming and fishing in Boyd River.
|Camping type||Tent, Camper trailer site, Caravan site, Camping beside my vehicle|
|Facilities||Picnic tables, barbecue facilities, toilets|
|What to bring||Drinking water, cooking water|
Rates and availability are displayed when making an online booking.
|Bookings||Bookings are required. Book online or call the National Parks Contact Centre on 1300 072 757.|
This spacious campground in Guy Fawkes River State Conservation Area is located near the historic town of Dalmorton, which was once a thriving gold-mining town during a short-lived boom.
A quiet campground that’s rarely full, Dalmorton campground has a large mown area that is suitable for group camping or a game of soccer or rugby. There are also logs placed around the fireplaces, encouraging people to sit and share stories whilst enjoying the warmth of the fire on cool evenings.
The campground is on the edge of Boyd River, making it a perfect place to stay if you’d like to while away some holiday time swimming, canoeing or fishing.
At dawn or dusk, see if you can spot the red-necked wallabies around the grounds, or the platypus in the river. At night, brush-tailed possums sometimes visit the campground, and you may hear the sounds of purebred dingoes howling from the surrounding hills.
The wild terrain rewards you from every angle at Doon Goonge campground near Nymboida. Take a scenic drive, or swim and picnic.
For the latest updates on fires, closures and other alerts in this area, see https://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/camping-and-accommodation/campgrounds/dalmorton-campground/local-alerts
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Glen Innes office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6739 0700
- 68 Church Street, Glen Innes NSW 2370
All the practical information you need to know about Dalmorton campground.
Getting there and parking
Dalmorton campground is in Guy Fawkes River State Conservation Area. To get there:
- Take Gwydir Highway west for 7km and turn left onto Old Grafton Road
- Follow Old Grafton Road for 58km
- Turn left onto Chaelundi Road; the campground is 1km away.
- Take Tyringham Road through to Grafton/Armidale Road
- Turn right onto Grafton/Armidale Road, travel 4km, and turn left at Dundurrabin onto Sheepstation Creek Road (gravel road starts).
- 6km along Sheepstation Creek Road, turn left onto Chaelundi Road.
- Travel 58km along Chaelundi Road to Dalmorton campground
Check the weather before you set out as the road to this campground can become boggy when it rains.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- 4WD required in wet weather
Parking is available at Dalmorton campground.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Guy Fawkes River State Conservation Area. Here are some of the highlights.
Great camping weather when the days start cooling off, yet the water in the river is still warm.
Look out for native wildflowers around Ebor Falls, including everlasting daisies, native violets and small-fruited hakea.
Paddle in the creek at Chaelundi campground or swim, canoe or fish on Boyd River at Dalmorton.
- Water is not available at this campground.
- Rubbish bins are not available, so please take your rubbish with you when leaving.
- Non-flush toilets
- Wood barbecues (firewood supplied)
Maps and downloads
There may be a supply of firewood at this campground, however it’s a good idea to bring your own supply.