Sydney Harbour National Park
For an island event on your doorstep, Shark Island in Sydney Harbour National Park is the perfect venue hire option. You and your guests can enjoy the area’s lush grassy areas, scenic Sydney Harbour views and fascinating history.
- Venue is suitable for
- Wedding receptions, wedding ceremonies, parties, private lunches
- Maximum people: 800
- Picnic tables, drinking water, toilets
- Available for hire 7 days a week, except 22nd Dec to 2nd Jan and 26th Jan.
To make a booking or for more information, please email the Events and Venues Unit or phone (02) 9585 6570.
- Other Information
- This venue is also suitable for commercial and public events such as live performances, festivals and product launches. Please contact the Events and Venues Unit for more information regarding this type of use.
The 1.5ha Shark Island sits in Sydney Harbour, just 1km from Rose Bay, and makes for one of Sydney’s most idyllic outdoor wedding venues. With its lush grassy areas, picnic shelters and spacious gazebo, and amazing 360° views of Sydney Harbour, the island is the perfect venue hire option for any special occasion.
While enjoying the day’s celebrations, you and your guests can explore the island’s foreshore and grottos, hand built in the early 1900s and hiding a range of tide pool creatures.
Take a virtual tour of Shark Island on Google Street View.
- in Sydney Harbour National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Sydney Harbour National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
Bradleys Head carpark: $8 per vehicle per day. North Head carpark: $5 per vehicle per day. There are pay and display machines that accept cards and coins - no change given. Chowder Bay Road parking: Monday-Friday: $3 per hour, to a maximum of $16 per day. Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays: $4 per hour, to a maximum of $20 per day. If you hold an NPWS All Parks or Multi Parks Pass, you can park free for up to four hours per day - additional time can be purchased. Car parks operated by Sydney Harbour Federation Trust or Mosman Council are not covered by your pass. Please check signs carefully.
Landing fee or tour fee applies to visit Sydney Harbour Islands. Fort Denison can only be visited on a tour. To visit Shark, Clark or Rodd islands Island, all vessels, including kayaks, need to pay a $7 per person landing fee. To arrange, please contact 13000 PARKS (13000 72757).Buy an annual pass.
(02) 9337 5511
Contact hours: 9am-5pm Monday to Friday
- Greycliffe House, Nielsen Park, Vaucluse NSW
- Fax: (02) 9337 1303
(02) 9960 6266
Contact hours: 9am-4.30pm Wednesday to Friday
- Governors Road, Middle Head, Mosman NSW
- Fax: (02) 9960 3965