Sydney Harbour National Park
For an island event on your doorstep, Shark Island in Sydney Harbour National Park is the perfect venue hire option. You and your guests can enjoy the area’s lush grassy areas, scenic Sydney Harbour views and fascinating history.
- Venue is suitable for
- Wedding receptions, wedding ceremonies, private lunches
- Maximum people: 500
- Picnic tables, drinking water, toilets
For fee information, please email the Events and Venues Unit or
phone (02) 9585 6570.
Venue available for exclusive hire
If the event is for over 100 people, the island must be booked exclusively.
- A completed application form should be received at least 6 months in advance of the event in order to assure availability of your preferred venue and date(s) and adequate time for the review process by NPWS. Initial assessment of the event application, site plan and supporting documentation may take 2-3 weeks. Please contact the Events and Venues Unit for information regarding cancellations.
Do you like the sound of an island wedding but can’t spare the time or money to hop on a plane with your friends and family? Just book a trip through one of our licensed transport operators, head to Darling Harbour or Circular Quay, and before you know it, you’ll be exiting the ferry at Shark Island, ready to celebrate your special day in style. Shark Island is also the perfect outdoor venue for any private or corporate event.
The 1.5ha Shark Island sits in Sydney Harbour, just 1km from Rose Bay, and makes for one of Sydney’s most idyllic outdoor wedding venues. With its lush grassy areas, picnic shelters and spacious gazebo, and amazing 360° views of Sydney Harbour, the island is the perfect venue hire option for any special occasion.
While enjoying the day’s celebrations, you and your guests can explore the island’s foreshore and grottos, hand built in the early 1900s and hiding a range of tide pool creatures.
- in Sydney Harbour National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Sydney Harbour National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Vehicle entry fees:
Bradleys Head carpark: $7 per vehicle per day. North Head carpark: $4 per vehicle per day. There are pay and display machines that accept cards and coins - no change given.
Chowder Bay carpark: Monday-Friday: $3 per hour, to a maximum of $16 per day. Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays: $4 per hour, to a maximum of $20 per day. If you hold an NPWS All Parks or Multi Parks Pass, you can park free for up to four hours per calendar day - additional time can be purchased.
Landing fee or tour fee applies to visit Sydney Harbour Islands. Fort Denison can only be visited on a tour. To visit Shark, Clark or Rodd islands, you'll need to book and pay landing fees beforehand. To arrange, please contact 13000 PARKS (13000 72757).Buy an annual pass.
(02) 9337 5511
Contact hours: 9am-5pm Monday to Friday
- Greycliffe House, Nielsen Park, Vaucluse NSW
- Fax: (02) 9337 1303
(02) 9960 6266
Contact hours: 9am-4.30pm Monday to Friday
- Governors Road, Middle Head, Mosman NSW
- Fax: (02) 9960 3965