Sydney Harbour National Park
Located within the picturesque surrounds of Nielsen Park in Sydney Harbour National Park, Shakespeares Point is an ideal venue hire option and one of Sydney’s best outdoor venues. You and your guests can take in the wonderful views of Sydney Harbour while enjoying your event in style.
- Venue is suitable for
- Wedding ceremonies
- Maximum people: 120
For fee information, please email the Events and Venues Unit or
phone (02) 9585 6570.
- Venue not available for exclusive hire
- A completed application form should be received at least 6 months in advance of the event in order to assure availability of your preferred venue and date(s) and adequate time for the review process by NPWS. Initial assessment of the event application, site plan and supporting documentation may take 2-3 weeks. Please contact the Events and Venues Unit for information regarding cancellations.
Shakespeares Point, in the picturesque surrounds of Nielsen Park, is a perfect outdoor location to highlight the best of Sydney’s urban and natural charms. Located in the southern reaches of Sydney Harbour National Park, just east of Shark Beach, it provides a stunning backdrop for any special event, and is among Sydney’s best outdoor venues.
This lovely tree-lined setting backs onto a large flat grassy area, with plenty of space for friends and family to mingle. You’ll catch glimpses of Shark Bay and views of the iconic Sydney CBD skyline to the west. It’s an ideal venue hire option for any occasion.
From here, you and your guests can also explore other areas within the beautiful Nielsen Park, like Bottle and Glass Point.
- in Sydney Harbour National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Sydney Harbour National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
Bradleys Head carpark: $8 per vehicle per day. North Head carpark: $5 per vehicle per day. There are pay and display machines that accept cards and coins - no change given. Chowder Bay Road parking: Monday-Friday: $3 per hour, to a maximum of $16 per day. Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays: $4 per hour, to a maximum of $20 per day. If you hold an NPWS All Parks or Multi Parks Pass, you can park free for up to four hours per day - additional time can be purchased.
Landing fee or tour fee applies to visit Sydney Harbour Islands. Fort Denison can only be visited on a tour. To visit Shark, Clark or Rodd islands, you'll need to book and pay landing fees beforehand. To arrange, please contact 13000 PARKS (13000 72757).Buy an annual pass.
(02) 9337 5511
Contact hours: 9am-5pm Monday to Friday
- Greycliffe House, Nielsen Park, Vaucluse NSW
- Fax: (02) 9337 1303
(02) 9960 6266
Contact hours: 9am-4.30pm Wednesday to Friday
- Governors Road, Middle Head, Mosman NSW
- Fax: (02) 9960 3965