Sydney Harbour National Park
With expansive views across the iconic Sydney Harbour, stretching out to Sydney’s eastern suburbs, Middle Harbour and Manly, Middle Head is an ideal venue hire option. It’s the perfect vantage point from which to take in breathtaking water views while enjoying your event.
- Venue is suitable for
- Wedding receptions, wedding ceremonies, parties, christenings, funerals and memorials, private lunches, private dinners
- Maximum people: 150
- Drinking water, toilets
- Available for hire Monday - Saturday, except 26th Dec and 1st Jan
To make a booking or for more information, please email the Events and Venues Unit or phone (02) 9585 6570.
- Other Information
- Filming and photography shoots on application.
- Private lunches and dinners on application.
- This venue is suitable for movie screenings and theatrical performances. Please contact the Events & Venues Unit to discuss your requirements.
- This venue is also suitable for commercial and public events such as live performances, festivals and product launches, please contact the Events and Venues Unit for more information regarding this type of use.
Middle Head is a superb lookout spot in Sydney Harbour National Park. From this outstanding vantage point, you can follow the Pacific Ocean to the horizon, framed by North and South Heads. The panoramic view extends to Sydney’s eastern suburbs, Middle Harbour and Manly. It’s the perfect backdrop to any event, making it one of Sydney’s most popular outdoor venues.
In addition to enjoying sensational views, you can find out more about Middle Head’s military significance. Walk the Don Goodsir track to the 1801 Forts, built in response to a feared French invasion, or explore the tunnels, sandstone gun pits and infamous Vietnam War-era 'Tiger Cages'.
When you’ve finished exploring the area, you and your guests can relax on nearby Cobblers Beach and enjoy the picturesque cove. Obelisk Beach is also nearby, and the perfect place to visit if you enjoy nude bathing.
- in Sydney Harbour National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Sydney Harbour National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
Bradleys Head carpark: $8 per vehicle per day. North Head carpark: $5 per vehicle per day. There are pay and display machines that accept cards and coins - no change given. Chowder Bay Road parking: Monday-Friday: $3 per hour, to a maximum of $16 per day. Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays: $4 per hour, to a maximum of $20 per day. If you hold an NPWS All Parks or Multi Parks Pass, you can park free for up to four hours per day - additional time can be purchased. Car parks operated by Sydney Harbour Federation Trust or Mosman Council are not covered by your pass. Please check signs carefully.
Landing fee or tour fee applies to visit Sydney Harbour Islands. Fort Denison can only be visited on a tour. To visit Shark, Clark or Rodd islands Island, all vessels, including kayaks, need to pay a $7 per person landing fee. To arrange, please contact 13000 PARKS (13000 72757).Buy an annual pass.
(02) 9337 5511
Contact hours: 9am-5pm Monday to Friday
- Greycliffe House, Nielsen Park, Vaucluse NSW
- Fax: (02) 9337 1303
(02) 9960 6266
Contact hours: 9am-4.30pm Wednesday to Friday
- Governors Road, Middle Head, Mosman NSW
- Fax: (02) 9960 3965