Morisset picnic area
Lake Macquarie State Conservation Area
Morisset picnic area, known for its abundant wildlife, is a great place to bring the family. Take advantage of Lake Macquarie after your meal with a spot of fishing, kayaking or waterskiing.
- Picnic areas
- Lake Macquarie State Conservation Area
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
- Please note
- For your own safety, please don't feed the kangaroos or approach them closely, as they can become aggressive.
- Kangaroos are wild animals so please don't feed them as this can lead to them becoming unhealthy.
- Remember to pack your binoculars if you want to go bird watching for sea eagles and cormorants
Enjoy a family picnic on the foreshore and try your luck with a spot of fishing while you're here. The area is also great for spotting sea eagles and cormorants. Be sure to remind the kids to keep an eye out for sea turtles along the shore too.
This open grassy area is perfect for the little ones to run around. After lunch you might like to push a kayak out onto the calm blue waters. Bring your camera to capture the beautiful views and the wildlife that lives in, around, and above the lake.
Sign up to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with information, new products, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
Saving our Species is a innovative conservation program in NSW. It aims to halt and reverse the growing numbers of Australian animals and plants facing extinction. This program aims to secure as many threatened species that can be secured in the wild as possible, for the next 100 years.
- in Lake Macquarie State Conservation Area in the Sydney and surrounds and North Coast regions
- Lake Munmorah
(02) 4972 9000
Contact hours: 8.30am-4pm Monday to Friday
- Blue Wren Drive, Munmorah State Conservation Area
- Fax: (02) 4972 9055
- Lake Munmorah