Apsley Gorge Rim walking track
Oxley Wild Rivers National Park
Scenic lookouts and waterfalls make the Apsley Gorge Rim walking track an ideal short walk for wildlife and birdwatching in the Northern Tablelands.
- Oxley Wild Rivers National Park
- 1km loop
- Time suggested
- Please note
- It’s a good idea to put sunscreen on before you set out and remember to take a hat and plenty of water
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to birdwatch
- Toilets and picnic facilities are located at nearby Apsley Falls picnic area
The Apsley Gorge Rim walking track packs a lot of scenic views into one short walk. With waterfalls and rugged ravines, you’ll be spoilt for scenic views of this dramatic falls country in the Northern Tablelands.
Perfect for wildlife and birdwatching, look for brush-tailed rock wallabies as you gaze across upper Apsley Gorge. Circling above, you may be lucky and see a wedge-tailed eagle cruising the thermals or even a peregrine falcon nesting on the distant rocky outcrops.
Head back for lunch at the Apsley Falls picnic area, before getting back on the road. If you’re in no hurry, you can stay overnight at the Apsley Falls campground.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
Saving our Species is a innovative conservation program in NSW. It aims to halt and reverse the growing numbers of Australian animals and plants facing extinction. This program aims to secure as many threatened species that can be secured in the wild as possible, for the next 100 years.
- in Oxley Wild Rivers National Park in the North Coast and Country NSW regions
Oxley Wild Rivers National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
Three areas in the park have day use fees:
- Halls Peak - $20 per day or $10 for pensioners/NPWS annual entry permit holders.
- Riverside - $25 per day or $15 for pensioners/NPWS annual entry permit holders.
- Youdales - $15 per day or $10 for pensioners/NPWS annual entry permit holders.
Fees not applicable if you are paying camping fees.Buy an annual pass.
(02) 6738 9100
Contact hours: 8.30am-4.30pm Monday to Friday
- 145 Miller Street, Armidale NSW
- Fax: (02) 6738 9140
(02) 6777 4700
Contact hours: 9am-4pm Monday to Friday
- 188W North Street, Walcha NSW
- Fax: (02) 6777 1198