Cape Byron Information Centre
Cape Byron State Conservation Area
Cape Byron Information Centre is the place to find visitor information for Cape Byron State Conservation Area, Cape Byron Marine Park and surrounding national parks in the Byron Bay area.
- Visitor centres
- Cape Byron State Conservation Area
- Entry fees
A vehicle entry fee of $7 per hour applies at the carpark.
- Opening times
Cape Byron Information Centre is open:
- 9.30am-4.30pm daily
- Closed on Christmas Day
- Please note
- It can be a busy place on most days, so parking might be limited.
When visiting the beautiful NSW North Coast, get your holiday off to a great start with a visit to Cape Byron Information Centre in Cape Byron State Conservation Area. With loads of information about Cape Byron, as well as surrounding national parks, the friendly and knowledgeable staff will help you make the most of your visit.
Discover the best walking, swimming and surfing spots and learn about what’s under the sea at Cape Byron Marine Park.
From this lovely setting overlooking the ocean, you might spot dolphins swimming year-round or even whales during the whale watching season from May to October. Grab a souvenir from the gift shop before you go or a coffee and bite from the cafe to fuel you up for your adventures.
Sign up to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with information, new products, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
NSW National Parks first recorded The Pass midden in Cape Byron State Conservation Area in 1980. And, in 2013, ancient archaeological midden material was repatriated and displayed on Country. Today, along with our Aboriginal community partners, NPWS works to protect The Pass midden, both now and into the future.
- Cape Byron Information Centre
- (02) 6620 9300
- in Cape Byron State Conservation Area in the North Coast region
- Cape Byron State Conservation Area is open 8am to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger
- The Maritime Museum in the former Lighthouse Keeper’s office at the base of the lighthouse is open 10am to 4pm daily
- Opening before 8am for events or disabled access can be arranged by prior notice – contact NPWS Byron Bay office during business hours 02 6620 9300.
Park entry fees:
Fees are charged at the following carparks: Cape Byron Lighthouse and Information Centre, Captain Cook lookout, The Pass, and Cosy Corner. See individual sites for details.Buy an annual pass.
(02) 6620 9300
Contact hours: 8.30am-4.30pm Monday to Friday
- Tallow Beach Road, Byron Bay NSW
Fax: (02) 6620 9333
- Byron Bay
Cape Byron Lighthouse
(02) 6685 5955
Contact hours: 9.30am-4.30pm daily (closed Christmas Day)
- Lighthouse Road, Byron Bay NSW 2481
Fax: (02) 6620 9333
- Cape Byron Lighthouse