Sydney Harbour National Park
With its picturesque bush setting, Shakespeares Point in Nielsen Park, located within Sydney Harbour National Park, is a picturesque setting for a day out.
- Picnic areas
- Sydney Harbour National Park
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Opening times
- 6am – sunset daily
- Closed between Christmas Day and New Year.
- Hire this venue
Shakespeares Point is available for events and function hire.
- Please note
- It’s a good idea to put sunscreen on before you set out and remember to take a hat
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to birdwatch
- Strong rips and currents may be present at Shark Beach – take care in the water and please supervise children at all times.
- It can be a busy place on the weekend, so parking might be limited.
- A kiosk and picnic areas are located at adjacent Nielsen Park
Shakespeares Point in Nielsen Park is a perfect outdoor location to highlight the best of Sydney’s urban and natural charms. Located in the southern reaches of Sydney Harbour National Park, just east of Shark Beach, it provides a stunning backdrop for a memorable day out.
This lovely tree-lined setting backs onto a large flat grassy area, with plenty of space for friends and family to mingle. You’ll catch glimpses of Shark Bay and views of the iconic city skyline to the west while you're catching up with friends and family.
From here, you can explore other areas within the beautiful Nielsen Park, like Bottle and Glass Point.
Take a virtual tour of Shakespeares Point on Google Street View.
We've captured Google Street View across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
Fort Denison is home to a wealth of historic heritage. The Fort Denison heritage collection project invited volunteers to locate, identify, document, conserve, interpret and make accessible the heritage collections in Sydney Harbour National Park. This allowed NPWS to engage with the community and ensure our collections are protected.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 9am-5pm 7 days
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles)
- (02) 9585 6831
- in Sydney Harbour National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Sydney Harbour National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Vehicle entry fees:
Bradleys Head carpark: $7 per vehicle per day. North Head carpark: $4 per vehicle per day. There are pay and display machines that accept cards and coins - no change given.
Chowder Bay carpark: Monday-Friday: $3 per hour, to a maximum of $16 per day. Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays: $4 per hour, to a maximum of $20 per day. If you hold an NPWS All Parks or Multi Parks Pass, you can park free for up to four hours per calendar day - additional time can be purchased.
Landing fee or tour fee applies to visit Sydney Harbour Islands. Fort Denison can only be visited on a tour. To visit Shark, Clark or Rodd islands, you'll need to book and pay landing fees beforehand. To arrange, please contact 13000 PARKS (13000 72757).Buy an annual pass.
(02) 9337 5511
Contact hours: 9am-5pm Monday to Friday
- Greycliffe House, Nielsen Park, Vaucluse NSW
- Fax: (02) 9337 1303
(02) 9960 6266
Contact hours: 9am-4.30pm Monday to Friday
- Governors Road, Middle Head, Mosman NSW
- Fax: (02) 9960 3965