Dunns swamp - Ganguddy campground
Wollemi National Park
Unwind in stunning World Heritage surrounds at Dunns swamp - Ganguddy campground. Perfect for a family camping trip, you can go fishing, walking, canoeing and swiming.
- Number of campsites
- Camping type
- By my vehicle
- Picnic tables, barbecues and fire rings, carpark, toilets
- Please note
- Bookings are not available; the campground operates on a first-in, first-served basis so it’s a good idea to arrive early in the day, especially if you’re camping on public holidays or during school holidays
- Camping fees are payable on-site via self registration - remember to bring correct change
- There are no marked sites, however campervans and caravans are limited to about 15 sites
- Limited firewood is supplied at the campground and collecting firewood in the park is not permitted, so it’s a good idea to bring your own supply. Firewood is available for purchase at the BP Service Station on Louee St, Rylstone, phone 6379 1016.
- Front-wheel-drive vehicles towing caravans and heavy trailers are not recommended
- Water is not available at this campground so you'll need to bring your own supply for drinking and cooking
- Remember to treat or boil all water taken from creeks in the park
- A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters
- There is a 4 knot maximum speed limit for all motorboats
- Generators, chainsaws and dogs are not permitted in this park
- Rubbish bins are not provided so please take your rubbish with you
$5 per adult per night. $3 per child per night. Camping fee are paid on site by self-registration - please bring correct change.
Bookings are not available at this campground. Camping is very popular during school and public holidays, and sites may be scarce. Sites are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Please note that campervan and caravan sites are limited to about 15 sites.
Other tent, campervan and caravan camping is available locally at Rylstone Caravan Park (phone 0428 794 284) and Cudgegong Waters Park (phone 6358 8462).
Professional kayak tours and hire is available at Dunns Swamp - Ganguddy throughout the Christmas and summer school holidays. For kayak enquiries and bookings please phone 0439 936 480 or just turn up on the day.
Dunns swamp, or Ganguddy as it is known to local Wiradjuri Aboriginal people, is a beautiful, serene waterway on the Cudgegong river, created when Kandos weir was built in the late 1920s.
Set up camp amid picturesque woodlands of scribbly gum and striking pagoda rock formations and settle in for a truly tranquil getaway. Keen eyes may turn up wallabies, purple swamphens and, at night, greater gliders while if you’re really lucky, you might glimpse shy long-necked turtles and platypus in the weir.
Ganguddy is perfect for a range of low-key recreational activities, from birdwatching and fishing to canoeing and swimming. You’ll also find a network of easy walks offering expansive views over the Cudgegong river and Wollemi National Park.
This idyllic setting is great for a family camping trip, car-based and small-caravan camping and, with wood barbecues on-site; you can hook dinner and cook up a camping feast.
We've captured Google Street View across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
Saving our Species is a innovative conservation program in NSW. It aims to halt and reverse the growing numbers of Australian animals and plants facing extinction. This program aims to secure as many threatened species that can be secured in the wild as possible, for the next 100 years.
- 9am-4pm Monday to Thursday
- (02) 6370 9000
- (02) 6370 9010
- 27 Inglis Street, Mudgee NSW
- in Wollemi National Park in the Sydney and surrounds, North Coast and Country NSW regions
Wollemi National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
(02) 6370 9000
Contact hours: 9am-4pm Monday to Thursday
- 27 Inglis Street, Mudgee NSW
Fax: (02) 6370 9010
(02) 6574 5555
Contact hours: 9.30am-4pm Tuesday to Thursday
- 2156 Putty Road, Bulga NSW
- Fax: (02) 6574 5274
Blue Mountains (Blackheath)
(02) 4787 8877
Contact hours: 9am-4.30pm daily (closed Christmas Day)
- Govetts Leap Road, Blackheath NSW
Fax: (02) 4787 8514
- Blue Mountains (Blackheath)
(02) 4588 2400
Contact hours: 8.30am-4.30pm Monday to Friday
- Bowmans Cottage, 370 Windsor Street, Richmond NSW
- Fax: (02) 4588 5335