Cattai National Park
Enjoy a weekend away camping at Cattai National Park along the Hawkesbury River. Go walking, camping, canoeing and bike riding before cooking up a barbecue feast.
- Camping type
- By my vehicle
- Amenities block, picnic tables, barbecues and fire rings, showers, toilets
- Please note
- Reservations can be made for any arrival within the next 12 months. Find out more about our terms and conditions, and review frequently asked questions about staying in national parks.
- Sites are unpowered and not marked
- Please note that caravans are not permitted at Cattai campground
- The sites may only be occupied by the number of people specified in the reservation
- This campground is suitable for group bookings. Groups over 20 need to book through the NPWS area office on (02) 4572 3100.
- Fires are allowed in designated barbecues only. Please bring your own cut firewood. Collection of timber from the park is not permitted.
- The use of heat beads is not permitted. Portable off-the-ground barbecues are allowed
- Generators and chainsaws are not permitted
- There is mobile phone coverage at the campground
- Check-in time 9am, check-out time 12 midday
- Please take all rubbish with you on your departure
- Campers under 18 must be accompanied by an adult unless prior arrangements have been made with the area office
- Cattai National Park, including the campground is locked overnight. An emergency after-hours gate code will be issued with your reservation confirmation.
- The water available at Cattai campground needs to be treated before drinking. It’s a good idea to bring your own supply for cooking and drinking.
- NSW National Parks are now no smoking areas
- Pets are not permitted
- Please note vehicle entry fees are not included in your camping fees.
Rates and availability are displayed when making an online booking.
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
Use a secure payment gateway to book online. Alternatively, please contact the Customer Experience Team on 13000 PARKS (13000 72757). All reservations incur a booking fee of 2.5% in addition to the total amount payable
Cattai campground is a great place for a weekend getaway with family or friends and a good place to stop with your campervan on a driving tour.
Once you’ve picked the perfect campsite and pitched your tent, it’s time to start exploring. Kids will love the wide open space that is great for bike riding, playing and running, plus the campground is right near the Hawkesbury River, meaning fishing, canoeing and kayaking opportunities are all nearby. There are shady spots to enjoy a barbecue dinner and the picnic area is nearby for lunchtime activities.
There’s also the historic Cattai Homestead, a short walk or drive from campground. It’s an important part of Australian history so be sure to check it out.
You’ll probably be woken by the call of birds in the morning, and you may see a kangaroo peeking at you through the bushland on a morning walk to the lookout over Hawkesbury River.
Sign up to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with information, new products, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
Saving our Species is a innovative conservation program in NSW. It aims to halt and reverse the growing numbers of Australian animals and plants facing extinction. This program aims to secure as many threatened species that can be secured in the wild as possible, for the next 100 years.
- in Cattai National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Cattai National Park is open 7.30am to 6.30pm during daylight savings (7.30am - 5pm at other times), but may have to close at other times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$7 per vehicle per day.Buy an annual pass.
(02) 4572 3100
Contact hours: 8.30am-4.30pm Monday to Friday (closed public holidays)
- Scheyville National Park, Scheyville Road, Scheyville NSW
- Fax: (02) 4580 2714