Sydney Harbour National Park
Located in picturesque Nielsen Park, Shakespeares Point is an ideal spot for your wedding ceremony and one of Sydney’s best outdoor venues. Take in the wonderful views of Vaucluse Bay and Sydney Harbour while enjoying your event in style.
- Venue is suitable for
- Arts and cultural events, private party or function and wedding ceremonies
- Maximum people: 120
- Drinking water, toilets
$760 for a 3 hour booking. Additional time may be requested at extra charge.
7 days a week, except 25th Dec to 1st Jan and public holidays.
To make a booking or for more information, please email the NPWS Events Team or phone 02 9585 6570.
- Other Information
- This venue is also suitable for commercial and public events such as live performances, festivals and product launches.
Shakespeares Point in Nielsen Park is a perfect outdoor location to highlight the best of Sydney’s urban and natural charms. Located in the southern reaches of Sydney Harbour National Park, just east of Shark Beach, it provides a stunning backdrop for any special event, and is among Sydney’s best outdoor venues.
This lovely tree-lined setting backs onto a large flat grassy area, with plenty of space for friends and family to mingle. You’ll catch glimpses of Shark Bay and views of the iconic Sydney CBD skyline to the west. It’s an ideal venue hire option for any occasion.
From this location your guests can also explore other areas within the beautiful Nielsen Park, like Bottle and Glass Point.
For the latest updates on fires, closures and other alerts in this area, see https://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/venues/shakespeares-point/local-alerts
- in Sydney Harbour National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Sydney Harbour National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
Bradleys Head: $8 per vehicle per day. North Head: $5 per vehicle per day. Tap and pay card or phone payments accepted at pay machines. Coin payment available at Fairfax carpark machines only. Chowder Bay: Monday-Friday: $3 per hour, to a maximum of $16 per day. Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays: $4 per hour, to a maximum of $20 per day. If you hold an NPWS All Parks or Multi Parks Pass, you can park free for up to four hours per day - additional time can be purchased. Car parks operated by Sydney Harbour Federation Trust or Mosman Council are not covered by your pass. Please check signs carefully. Park’nPay: You can also pay for your visit to any area via the Park’nPay app.
Landing fees or tour fees apply to visit Sydney Harbour islands. All public visitors to Shark, Clark or Rodd Island, need to pay a $7 per person landing fee. To arrange, please contact 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS). Annual NSW Parks Passes do not cover landing fees.Buy annual pass.
All the practical information you need to know about Shakespeares Point.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- Dry weather only
Parking is available in marked spaces on Greycliffe Avenue or Vaucluse Road, including several designated disabled spots. Spaces cannot be reserved for functions.
Bus services stop near this venue. Contact the Transport Information Line on 131500 for more information.
- All rubbish generated as part of the event is to be removed from the park and not deposited in bins.
- There is no publicly available power at this venue
There are 7 male toilets and urinals, and 10 female toilets near Shark Beach.
- Flush toilets
There are taps and bubblers near Shark Beach.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
Food and drink
- You may bring your own food as well as portable gas barbeques fitted with drip trays for cooking.
- Commercial catering can only be provided by Nielsen Park Café and Restaurant
- You may bring 1 bottle of wine or champagne for every 4 guests, and 1 case (24 cans or bottles) of beer or premixed drinks (375ml maximum) for every 20 guests.
- Additional catering may be approved on application
Flower arrangements containing no seed material. A florist can arrange this for you on request.
Structures, staging, furniture, amusements and decorations
- Weighted free-standing decorative items such as bridal arches, red carpet and columns.
- 15 chairs with rail-style legs
- 3 tables no larger than 3m square
Commercial filming and photography
- 1 photographer, 1 photographer's assistant, 1 videographer and 1 videographer's assistant.
- Commercial photography and video requires a small scale photography license
Power, lighting and amplified sounds
- 1 single speaker portable PA system or music player with an amplifier no greater than 50 watts
- Volume must be kept at a level that does not interfere with neighbours or the public
- Balloons, animals and throwing rice or petals is not permitted.
- Please do not put up signage or attach decorations to structures or vegetation at Shakespeares Point.
- You cannot hold a wedding reception at this venue. For an alternative reception venue in Nielsen Park, contact Nielsen Park Café & Restaurant on (02) 9337 7333.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.