Sydney Harbour National Park
One of Sydney’s most idyllic outdoor venues, Greycliffe Gardens is set against the backdrop of beautiful Greycliffe House in Nielsen Park. Enjoy dazzling glimpses of Sydney Harbour from your private party or intimate garden wedding ceremony.
- Venue is suitable for
- Arts and cultural events, corporate and business events, private party or function and wedding ceremonies
- Maximum people: 120
- Drinking water, toilets, electric power
- $760 for a 3 hour booking. Additional time and wedding vehicle access may be requested at extra charge.
Friday to Sunday, except 25th Dec to 1st Jan and public holidays.
We’re unable to accept wedding bookings at Greycliffe Gardens until early December 2021. This is because of ongoing maintenance work at Greycliffe House to improve our facilities.
To make a booking or for more information, please email the NPWS Events Team or phone 02 9585 6570.
The beautiful Greycliffe Gardens, located in picturesque Nielsen Park, is in one of the most spectacular locations on the southern foreshores of Sydney Harbour National Park. Fringed by parkland and spectacular views, these historic gardens offer one of Sydney’s best outdoor venues for an intimate garden wedding ceremony and reception.
The gardens provide a spacious outdoor area where you and your guests can sip champagne while overlooking Shark Beach and surrounding parklands.
The gardens rub shoulders with the lovingly restored Greycliffe House. This historic sandstone mansion, built in 1851, is one of the best-preserved examples of Victorian Gothic Revival architecture in Sydney and serves as an elegant backdrop to your event.
This is one of several great outdoor locations within Nielsen Park, including Shakespeares Point and Bottle and Glass Point.
For the latest updates on fires, closures and other alerts in this area, see https://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/venues/greycliffe-gardens/local-alerts
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- in Sydney Harbour National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Sydney Harbour National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
Bradleys Head carpark: $8 per vehicle per day. North Head carpark: $5 per vehicle per day. There are pay and display machines that accept cards and coins - no change given. Chowder Bay Road parking: Monday-Friday: $3 per hour, to a maximum of $16 per day. Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays: $4 per hour, to a maximum of $20 per day. If you hold an NPWS All Parks or Multi Parks Pass, you can park free for up to four hours per day - additional time can be purchased. Car parks operated by Sydney Harbour Federation Trust or Mosman Council are not covered by your pass. Please check signs carefully.
Landing fees or tour fees apply to visit Sydney Harbour islands. All public visitors to Shark, Clark or Rodd Island, need to pay a $7 per person landing fee. To arrange, please contact 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS). Annual NSW Parks Passes do not cover landing fees.Buy annual pass.
All the practical information you need to know about Greycliffe Gardens.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Vehicle access to the venue can be arranged for up to 3 vehicles for an additional fee.
Park entry points
- Nielsen Park carpark See on map
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
All vehicles must park in the marked spaces at the public street parking available along Greycliffe Avenue or Vaucluse Road. Spaces cannot be reserved for functions.
Bus services stop near this venue. Contact the Transport Information Line on 131500 for more information.
- All rubbish generated as part of the event is to be removed from the park and not deposited in bins.
- There is no publicly available power at this venue
There are 7 male toilets and urinals, and 10 female toilets located near Shark Beach.
- Flush toilets
Taps and bubblers are located near Shark Beach.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
Some assistance may be required in this area.
Food and drink
- You may bring your own food as well as portable gas barbeques fitted with drip trays for cooking.
- Commercial catering can only be provided by Nielsen Park Café and Restaurant
- You may bring 1 bottle of wine or champagne for every 4 guests, and 1 case (24 cans or bottles) of beer or premixed drinks (375ml maximum) for every 20 guests.
Flower arrangements containing no seed material. A florist can arrange this for you on request.
Structures, staging, furniture, amusements and decorations
- Weighted free-standing decorative items such as bridal arches, red carpet and columns.
- 15 chairs with rail-style legs
- 3 tables no larger than 3m square
Commercial filming and photography
- 1 photographer, 1 photographer's assistant, 1 videographer and 1 videographer's assistant.
- Commercial photography and video requires a small scale photography license
Power, lighting and amplified sounds
- 1 single speaker portable PA system or music player with an amplifier no greater than 50 watts
- Volume must be kept at a level that does not interfere with neighbours or the public