Bottle and Glass Point
Sydney Harbour National Park
If you’re looking for a venue boasting impressive water views, Bottle and Glass Point in Nielsen Park will impress. Its views across Sydney Harbour provide a beautiful backdrop to your wedding ceremony, private birthday party, or product launch.
- Venue is suitable for
- Arts and cultural events, private party or function and wedding ceremonies
- Maximum people: 120
- Drinking water, toilets
$760 for a 3 hour booking. Additional time may be requested at extra charge.
7 days a week, except 25th Dec to 1st Jan and public holidays.
To make a booking or for more information, please email the NPWS Events Team or phone 02 9585 6570.
- Other Information
- This venue is also suitable for commercial and public events such as live performances, festivals and product launches.
You'll find the idyllic Bottle and Glass Point in the renowned Nielsen Park, in Sydney’s eastern suburbs. In this flat, grassy area, you and your guests will enjoy magnificent views over the harbour.
You can unload a picnic hamper and watch the sailboats gently bobbing the bay, listen to the relaxing sounds of birdsong and water lapping against the rocks, and feel the breeze rustling through the shady trees. Bring your own gas barbecue if you like, or leave the cooking to the experts and head to the nearby Nielsen Park Cafe.
For the latest updates on fires, closures and other alerts in this area, see https://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/venues/bottle-and-glass-point/local-alerts
- in Sydney Harbour National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Sydney Harbour National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
Bradleys Head carpark: $8 per vehicle per day. North Head carpark: $5 per vehicle per day. There are pay and display machines that accept cards and coins - no change given. Chowder Bay Road parking: Monday-Friday: $3 per hour, to a maximum of $16 per day. Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays: $4 per hour, to a maximum of $20 per day. If you hold an NPWS All Parks or Multi Parks Pass, you can park free for up to four hours per day - additional time can be purchased. Car parks operated by Sydney Harbour Federation Trust or Mosman Council are not covered by your pass. Please check signs carefully.
Landing fees or tour fees apply to visit Sydney Harbour islands. All public visitors to Shark, Clark or Rodd Island, need to pay a $7 per person landing fee. To arrange, please contact 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS). Annual NSW Parks Passes do not cover landing fees.Buy annual pass.
All the practical information you need to know about Bottle and Glass Point.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Park entry points
- Nielsen Park carpark See on map
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- Dry weather only
Parking is available in marked spaces on Greycliffe Avenue or Vaucluse Road, including several designated disabled spots. Spaces cannot be reserved for functions.
Bus services stop near this venue. Contact the Transport Information Line on 131500 for more information.
- Please take all rubbish that is generated as part of the event, including plant and food material, with you when you leave.
- There is no publicly available power at this venue
There are 7 male toilets and urinals, and 10 female toilets located near Shark Beach.
- Flush toilets
Taps and bubblers are located near Shark Beach.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
Some assistance may be required to access this area.
- There’s a separate gate marked ‘Bottle and Glass Point’ just east of the main Nielsen Park gate on Greycliffe Avenue. A paved road loops around this section of the park, making it suitable for wheelchairs.
- Off the road, grassy areas may be more difficult to negotiate and will require some assistance.
Food and drink
- You may bring your own food as well as portable gas barbeques fitted with drip trays for cooking.
- Commercial catering can only be provided by Nielsen Park Café and Restaurant
- You may bring 1 bottle of wine or champagne for every 4 guests, and 1 case (24 cans or bottles) of beer or premixed drinks (375ml maximum) for every 20 guests.
Flower arrangements containing no seed material. A florist can arrange this for you on request.
Structures, staging, furniture, amusements and decorations
- Weighted free-standing decorative items such as bridal arches, red carpet and columns.
- 15 chairs with rail-style legs
- 3 tables no larger than 3m square
Commercial filming and photography
- 1 photographer, 1 photographer's assistant, 1 videographer and 1 videographer's assistant.
- Commercial photography and video requires a small scale photography license
Power, lighting and amplified sounds
- 1 single speaker portable PA system or music player with an amplifier no greater than 50 watts
- Volume must be kept at a level that does not interfere with neighbours or the public
- Balloons, animals and throwing rice or petals is not permitted.
- Please do not put up signage or attach decorations to structures or vegetation at Bottle and Glass Point.
- You cannot hold a wedding reception at this venue. For an alternative reception venue in Nielsen Park, contact Nielsen Park Café & Restaurant on (02) 9337 7333.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.