Nightcap National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Nightcap National Park.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
- Drive 35km to the northern rivers area of NSW
- Road access is from one of five roads from the Richmond Valley in the south, four of which are unsealed
- Whian Whian Forest Drive is off the Lismore-Mullumbimby Road
Park entry points
- Gibbergunyah Range Road access See on map
- Newton Drive access See on map
- Terania Creek Road access See on map
- Minyon Falls lookout See on map
- Minyon Grass picnic area See on map
- Mount Nardi picnic area See on map
- Terania Creek picnic area See on map
Check out the Bicycle information for NSW website for more information.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Nightcap National Park. Here are some of the highlights: Weather in the northern rivers region is generally mild in winter ranging to hot in summer. It can be very wet (the park receives the highest annual rainfall in NSW) and misty so check local weather conditions and pack suitable clothes as well as a hat, sunscreen and insect repellent.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
18°C and 29°C
6°C and 19°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Maps and downloads
- in the North Coast region
Nightcap National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
(02) 6627 0200
Contact hours: 8.30am-4.30pm Monday to Friday
- Russelton Industrial Estate, 7 Northcott Crescent, Alstonville NSW 2477
- Email: email@example.com
Nimbin (11 km)
Nimbin is the counter-culture capital of Australia. It's set in a beautiful green valley pierced with limestone spires.
Lismore (27 km)
Lismore is a major North Coast commercial, cultural and administrative centre. It's set in undulating country on the north arm of the Richmond River.
Mullumbimby (32 km)
Mullumbimby sits on the Brunswick River and is overshadowed by subtropical hills.