Sydney Harbour National Park
Boasting some of the best harbour views west of Sydney Harbour Bridge, Rodd Island in Iron Cove is an ideal venue hire option. You and your guests can take in the expansive views and explore the island’s historic buildings while enjoying an event.
- Venue is suitable for
- Wedding receptions, wedding ceremonies, private lunches
- Maximum people: 100
- Picnic tables, drinking water, toilets
For fee information, please email the Events and Venues Unit or
phone (02) 9585 6570.
- Venue available for exclusive hire
- A completed application form should be received at least 6 months in advance of the event in order to assure availability of your preferred venue and date(s) and adequate time for the review process by NPWS. Initial assessment of the event application, site plan and supporting documentation may take 2-3 weeks. Please contact the Events and Venues Unit for information regarding cancellations.
Rodd Island, located in the sheltered waters of Iron Cove, just off Birkenhead Point, has a colourful history and boasts some of the best views west of Sydney Harbour Bridge. This perfect venue hire option is in the farthest west of the harbour islands within Sydney Harbour National Park.
While celebrating your special day, you and your guests can walk through the expansive gardens, gaze at the spectacular scenic harbour views, and explore the historic buildings, including a dance hall and 2 summer houses. In 1879, Rodd Island became the first public recreation reserve in Sydney Harbour. It was also used as a biological laboratory and US army training ground during the Second World War.
A unique venue hire option offering an impressive backdrop, Rodd Island is among Sydney’s best venues and is available for hire for any special function.
- in Sydney Harbour National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Sydney Harbour National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
Bradleys Head carpark: $8 per vehicle per day. North Head carpark: $5 per vehicle per day. There are pay and display machines that accept cards and coins - no change given. Chowder Bay Road parking: Monday-Friday: $3 per hour, to a maximum of $16 per day. Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays: $4 per hour, to a maximum of $20 per day. If you hold an NPWS All Parks or Multi Parks Pass, you can park free for up to four hours per day - additional time can be purchased.
Landing fee or tour fee applies to visit Sydney Harbour Islands. Fort Denison can only be visited on a tour. To visit Shark, Clark or Rodd islands, you'll need to book and pay landing fees beforehand. To arrange, please contact 13000 PARKS (13000 72757).Buy an annual pass.
(02) 9337 5511
Contact hours: 9am-5pm Monday to Friday
- Greycliffe House, Nielsen Park, Vaucluse NSW
- Fax: (02) 9337 1303
(02) 9960 6266
Contact hours: 9am-4.30pm Wednesday to Friday
- Governors Road, Middle Head, Mosman NSW
- Fax: (02) 9960 3965