South East Forests National Park
A good place to stop for a picnic, but Pipers lookout in South East Forest National Park also features stunning views – take the easy boardwalk to see for yourself.
- South East Forests National Park
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars for a closer view.
- Parking here can be a little confusing – there is no separate carpark so you'll need to park along the side of the Snowy Mountain Highway, across the road from the lookout when heading towards the coast.
Take a break from your journey over Brown Mountain at Pipers lookout. This series of lookouts offers spellbinding views over the Bemboka escarpment and Bega Valley.
After checking out the main lookout near the picnic area, follow the 500m boardwalk to a further two lookouts. While this isn’t quite a canopy walk, the descending slope beneath the boardwalk gives you the feeling of floating amongst the eucalypts and lush ferns. You can use the stairs to make a loop of the three lookouts.
Whatever you do, be sure to bring your camera – the surrounding old-growth forest and rainforest create excellent photo opportunities.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
Saving our Species is a innovative conservation program in NSW. It aims to halt and reverse the growing numbers of Australian animals and plants facing extinction. This program aims to secure as many threatened species that can be secured in the wild as possible, for the next 100 years.
- in South East Forests National Park in the South Coast and Snowy Mountains regions
South East Forests National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
(02) 6458 5900
Contact hours: 9am-12.30pm Monday to Friday
- 153 Maybe Street, Bombala NSW
- Fax: (02) 6458 4076
(02) 6495 5000
Contact hours: 8.30am-4.30pm Monday to Friday and some weekends during peak holiday periods.
- Corner Sapphire Coast and Merimbula Drives, Merimbula NSW
- Email: FSCR@environment.nsw.gov.au
Fax: (02) 6495 5055
(02) 4476 0800
Contact hours: 10.00am-2.00pm Monday to Friday
- Corner Graham and Burrawang Streets, Narooma NSW
- Fax: (02) 4476 0833