Hill End Historic Site
Northeys offers an historic insight into the Hill End village. In the heart of Hill End, it’s great for camping, fossicking gear and booking a Bald Hill Mine tour. Accommodation is also available.
- Historic buildings/places
- Hill End Historic Site
- Opening times
- Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday, 11am – 4pm
- Public holidays and NSW school holidays, open 7 days a week, 10am – 4pm
- Closed Christmas Day and Anzac Day
- For information outside these hours, call 0407 187 275.
- Please note
- Northeys has a luxury 1st floor, 1 bedroom holiday apartment available for 1–2 adults. A ‘Pop Up’ shop – an ideal gallery location – is also available for short-term rental. For further information, email or call Gaye or Jim Shanahan on 0407 187 275.
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to go birdwatching.
Step inside Northeys Store to get a glimpse into the past. Just like it was during the gold rush, it’s a busy retail outlet providing supplies to campers and fossickers, including local gold, preserves and unique gifts, games and fishing licences. You can book for a Bald Hill Mine tour here too.
This two-storey brick building, with its corrugated roof and verandah, is just one of the many historic sites you can visit as you wander around Hill End along Village walking track. It offers an insight into the daily life of this once-bustling town and a reminder of the wealth generated during the gold rush.
Sign up to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with information, new products, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
Saving our Species is a innovative conservation program in NSW. It aims to halt and reverse the growing numbers of Australian animals and plants facing extinction. This program aims to secure as many threatened species that can be secured in the wild as possible, for the next 100 years.
- in Hill End Historic Site in the Country NSW region
Hill End Historic Site is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- Hill End area office
(02) 6337 8206
Contact hours: Monday to Friday 8.30am-4.30pm daily (closed 12.30pm-1.30pm). Closed weekends and public holidays.
- Beyers Avenue, Hill End NSW
- Hill End area office