Murray Valley National Park
The scenic Moira drive takes you through the gorgeous river red gum forest around the mighty Murray River. Walk to the water bird observatory and stop for a picnic lunch.
- Murray Valley National Park
- 20km one-way
- Time suggested
- 1hr 30min
- Please note
- The northern section of this drive can be accessed from Picnic Point Road, and offers fantastic views of Murray River. The southern section of this drive, accessed from Cobb Highway, is a scenic drive which takes you to the south of Moira Lake.
- This park is in a remote location, please ensure you are thoroughly prepared, bring appropriate clothing and equipment and advise a family member or friend of your travel plans
- Remember to take your binoculars and camera to capture the wonderful birds of the wetlands – a bird identification book might also be handy
This leisurely and scenic drive through the river red gum forest takes in Cadell Tilt, Murray River , Poverty Point and King’s Log Landing.
Hop out of the car to stretch your legs at Poverty Point or is this Poverty Point Road; you can take an easy walk along the Moira walkway to the water bird observatory. Look out for eastern great egrets, common greenshanks and red necked stints, just some of the migratory birds you’ll see in the wetlands.
There’s a barbecue site here too so it’s a perfect spot for a picnic or barbecue lunch; you could ask for a more picturesque location.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
Saving our Species is a innovative conservation program in NSW. It aims to halt and reverse the growing numbers of Australian animals and plants facing extinction. This program aims to secure as many threatened species that can be secured in the wild as possible, for the next 100 years.
- in Murray Valley National Park in the Murray-Riverina region
Murray Valley National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger
- Moama (Murray area)
(03) 5483 9100
Contact hours: 9.30am-3pm (April to September) 8.30am-4.30pm (October to March) Monday to Friday
- Factory 5, Lot 8 Bowlan Road, Moama NSW
- Moama (Murray area)