Sand track walk (north)
Seven Mile Beach National Park
Take the Sand track walk through the forest and admire the birdlife at Seven Mile Beach National Park, near Nowra, then wander back along the sweeping beach on this easy walk.
- Seven Mile Beach National Park
- 2.5km one-way
- Time suggested
- 1hr 30min
- Please note
- It’s a good idea to put sunscreen on before you set out and remember to take a hat and drinking water
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to birdwatch
- Strong rips and currents may be present at Seven Mile Beach, so take care in the water and please supervise children at all times.
- A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters
This short walk allows you to experience both the unique forests and stunning golden stretch of beach that make up Seven Mile Beach National Park.
Starting at the Beach Road picnic area, this walk meanders north towards Gerroa picnic area through dune blackbutt, bangalay forests and littoral rainforest. Take a moment in the forest to enjoy the birdwatching opportunities along the walk. Look out for thornbills, wrens, honeyeaters and the brown cuckoo dove.
Relax and enjoy the intimate bush setting at Gerroa picnic area. Retrace your steps back or kick off your shoes, get the sand between your toes and wander back along the golden beach as it stretches out into the distance.
Sign up to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with information, new products, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
Saving our Species is a innovative conservation program in NSW. It aims to halt and reverse the growing numbers of Australian animals and plants facing extinction. This program aims to secure as many threatened species that can be secured in the wild as possible, for the next 100 years.
- in Seven Mile Beach National Park in the South Coast region
Seven Mile Beach National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
(02) 4423 2170
Contact hours: 8.30am-4.30pm Monday to Friday
- 55 Graham Street, Nowra NSW
- Fax: (02) 4422 7041