Canoelands Ridge walking track
Marramarra National Park
Canoelands Ridge walking track is a beautiful day walk near Hornsby and Sydney. See scenic Hawkesbury River views and native wildflowers along the way on this long hike.
- Marramarra National Park
- 21km return
- Time suggested
- 8 - 10hrs
- Grade 4
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen, suitable clothing
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to birdwatch
- If you’re bushwalking in this park, it’s a good idea to bring a topographic map and compass, or a GPS.
- There is limited/no mobile reception in this park
- A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters
There’s no better way to experience the beauty of Marramarra than by spending the day exploring Canoelands Ridge walking track on foot.
The 10km walk to Gentlemans Halt takes you through constantly changing vegetation and right in to the heart of this secluded pocket of bushland in the northern outskirts of Sydney. See spectacular ridge-top colours of iconic Hawkesbury sandstone and remarkable views of Hawkesbury River. Watch the occasional boat carving through the glistening blue waters of this beautiful waterway.
In spring, the bush turns into a vibrant display of colour with the native wildflowers. Wander through gullies of bright red waratahs and Gymea lilies, and explore the saltmarsh and mangroves by the river’s edge near Gentlemans Halt. Head off for a long day walking in the bush, or pack your tent and sleeping bag for a peaceful night camping by the river at historic Gentlemans Halt campground.
Sign up to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with information, new products, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
Saving our Species is a innovative conservation program in NSW. It aims to halt and reverse the growing numbers of Australian animals and plants facing extinction. This program aims to secure as many threatened species that can be secured in the wild as possible, for the next 100 years.
- in Marramarra National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Marramarra National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
(02) 8448 0400
Contact hours: 9am-4pm Monday to Friday
- Lane Cove National Park, Lady Game Drive, Chatswood NSW
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: (02) 8448 0444