Willi Willi National Park
A short stroll not far from Wauchope, Botanic walk heads through World Heritage rainforest and is great for birdwatching and relaxing with the family over a picnic.
- Willi Willi National Park
- 0.3km one-way
- Time suggested
- 15 - 30min
- Grade 5
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen, suitable clothing
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to birdwatch
- Check the weather before you set out as the road to Wilson River picnic area can become boggy when it rains
- This park is in a remote location, so please ensure you’re well-prepared and bring appropriate clothing and equipment.
- There is limited/no mobile reception in this park
Botanic walk is a great way to discover the Gondwana Rainforests of Australia. You can learn the names of some unique trees and ferns on this short stroll across the Wilson River from the picnic area. Designed to bring people in close contact with the environment, it's the perfect place to stretch your legs on a Mid North Coast road trip. Don't be put off by the Grade 5 rating, it’s suitable for all level of adventurers, especially small children or those who are less mobile.
Glossy green palms dominate the terrain, and the scent of cedar wood and yellow carabeen follow you as you make your way through an ever-changing display of vegetation and wildflowers. Prefer a more challenging walk? The equally beautiful Palm Grove walk and Waterfall walk also leave from Wilson River picnic area. Both take you through abundant forest characterised by the large buttressed trees, Bangalow palms, vines, birds nest ferns and staghorns.
Sign up to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with information, new products, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
Saving our Species is a innovative conservation program in NSW. It aims to halt and reverse the growing numbers of Australian animals and plants facing extinction. This program aims to secure as many threatened species that can be secured in the wild as possible, for the next 100 years.
- in Willi Willi National Park in the North Coast and Country NSW regions
Willi Willi National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- Macleay area office
(02) 6561 6700
Contact hours: 9am-4.30pm Monday to Friday
- 247 Old Station Rd, Kempsey NSW
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Macleay area office