Exciting volunteer opportunities are available in many NSW National Parks, nature reserves and state conservation areas. Our parks and wildlife benefit hugely from the generous time and dedication of thousands of volunteers each year. Volunteers, in return, benefit from an unforgettable experience in some of Australia's finest nature locations.
Volunteering is a great way to show your passion for nature and make a positive difference to our beautiful environment and spectacular heritage. NSW National Park volunteering programs give you an amazing opportunity to help protect our natural environment and fascinating wildlife.
Volunteer roles within NPWS allow you to:
- acquire new skills and learn about life in the bush from park rangers
- work with Aboriginal rangers and develop your understanding of Aboriginal culture and traditions
- work on various projects such as archaeological excavations, bush regeneration and revegetation
- help care for some of Australia's native plant and wildlife species
- make like minded friends and most of all, have a great time
Volunteer in a national park near you
Organisations can also contribute to environmental development through corporate volunteering and team building experiences at Sydney Harbour National Parks and Lane Cove National Park. The programs offer a range of environmental activities designed to encourage your employees to work together and make a meaningful contribution to our natural and historic heritage.
Find out more about corporate volunteering and teambuilding programs.