Terms and conditions for campground and accommodation bookings
The following terms and conditions will apply to bookings for campgrounds and hard-roofed accommodations made on or after 5 December 2014.
Read more about Terms and conditions for campground and accommodation bookings
The use of the term “Property” refers to the accommodation or campground you are booking. Property Information sheets, provided with your reservation confirmation, include detailed information specific to the property you are booking. These can also be obtained from the National Parks Contact Centre on 13000 PARKS (13000 72757) or the local NPWS office.
Terms and conditions
These terms and conditions apply in relation to any reservation or booking made for or by you on any reservation system operated by the NSW Office of Environment and Heritage (OEH or NPWS) (ABN 30841387271).
All customers and guests are required to comply with any legislation whilst on lands managed by NPWS, including the National Parks & Wildlife Act 1974 and the National Parks and Wildlife Regulation 2009.
Customers can make reservations up to 12 months in advance and for the maximum length of stay permitted at the chosen property.
Customers wishing to make reservations for check in on the same date in 12 months' time can do so from 9am via the online system, by calling the National Parks Contact Centre or via the local NPWS office, where applicable (e.g. reservations for 28 December 2015 can be made from 9am (AEDST) on 28th December 2014).
Property fees and charges
The property fee will be charged in full at the time of reservation. The total fee charged will include an additional non-refundable booking fee of 2.5%.
You and your guests may be required to provide photo ID (including proof of age) to confirm your reservation. If you are requested to provide photo ID and you are unable or unwilling to do so, then your reservation may be cancelled and no refund provided.
NPWS accepts the reasonable use of the property. We reserve the right to invoice additional fees if the property is damaged, left in an unreasonable or unsatisfactory condition, and/or property items are broken or lost.
Check-in and check-out times
The check-in and check-out times identified on a property's NPWS webpage must be adhered to. Additional charges may apply for check-in or check-out, other than the times specified.
In the event that you are delayed in arriving reservations may only be held for 24-hours, unless prior notification is given to the National Parks Contact Centre on 13000 PARKS (13000 72757) during office hours (between 9am and 5pm daily).
If you intend to depart the property earlier than the last day of your reservation please notify the National Parks Contact Centre on 13000 PARKS (13000 72757). No refund will be provided and NPWS reserves the right to permit a third party to use the property.
National park entry and additional fees
Please note that park use fees apply at many national parks and are in addition to property fees. Where park use fees apply, it is your responsibility to ensure you have a valid vehicle entrance permit or an exemption card for the duration of your visit. Exemption cards must be obtained prior to entering fee-collecting parks.
For further information please visit the passes and fees page, call the National Parks Contact Centre on 13000 PARKS (13000 72757), or the local NPWS office of the property you are visiting.
The property fees do not include fees for attractions such as museums and Discovery tours where such fees apply. Some properties charge additional fees for the use of certain facilities. This will be detailed in the property information sheet provided with your reservation confirmation.
Changes and cancellations by you
We strongly recommend you and your guests purchase comprehensive travel insurance. You and your guests should be satisfied that your chosen insurance cover fully meets your personal requirements especially in respect of inclement weather, personal injury or illness.
Additional fees incurred due to changes to your reservation will be payable at the time of the change. Where changes result in a reduction of fees, a percentage refund may be provided subject to the following cancellation policy terms and timeframes.
Cancellations by you:
- A 75% refund (with the exception of the booking fee) will be made if you cancel any part of the reservation 31 days or more prior to the first day of the reservation.
- A 50% refund (with the exception of the booking fee) will be made if you cancel any part of the reservation 15 - 30 days prior to the first day of the reservation.
- No refund will be made if you cancel any part of the reservation less than 14 days prior to the first day of the reservation or any time after.
- 0-14 days = No refund
- 15-30 days = 50% refund (less booking fee)
- 31 + days = 75% refund (less booking fee)
* All booking fees are non-refundable
Changes to dates (transfers)
- Customers are entitled to transfer the dates of the original reservation once. Any subsequent transfer will be treated as a cancellation. The maximum refund amount that is available on any transferred reservation should it subsequently be cancelled is 50%.
- Reservations can be transferred (subject to availability) to any date within 365 days of the date the transfer is requested and all terms and conditions still apply. Transfer terms are as follows:
- 0-14 days prior to the first day of the reservation - no transfer is permitted
- 15 or more days prior to the first day of the reservation - one transfer is permitted
- Customers must choose a date when transferring the reservation. If an alternate date is not known, the reservation will be cancelled as per the above cancellation terms.
- Reservations must be transferred in their entirety. Dates cannot be split into multiple reservations. Any unused portion of the original reservation will be forfeited.
- Reservations cannot be transferred between properties.
Changes to occupant numbers
- The sites may only be occupied by the number of people specified in the reservation
- Additional occupants are subject to availability and property limits. NPWS reserves the right to turn away additional occupants not identified on your reservation confirmation.
- No refund will be provided if a lesser number of occupants arrive to those paid for on the reservation confirmation.
No refunds will be provided outside of the policy due to bad weather. If you have any concerns about whether your chosen property has been closed, please refer to the NSW National Parks state alerts page, or call the National Parks Contact Centre on 13000 PARKS (13000 72757) between 9am and 5pm daily.
Changes and cancellations by NPWS
Unforeseen park operational issues and management obligations (including but not limited to: extreme weather events, fire, natural disaster) may mean that the reservation cannot be provided. NPWS will endeavour to find an alternative date that suits you. If the alternative is not acceptable to you, the reservation will be cancelled and a full refund provided, including any booking fee paid.
NPWS will not be liable for any other losses you may incur as a result of this cancellation.
Termination by NPWS
NPWS may terminate the reservation and ask you and your guests to leave the park immediately if you or any guest or visitor at the property during your stay;
- breaches any legislation;
- breaches these terms and conditions;
- causes annoyance or nuisance to others in the vicinity of the property; or
- behaves unacceptably (including drunken or uncontrolled behaviour, offensive language, malicious or negligent use of facilities, theft or any other form of behaviour deemed inappropriate by NPWS).
- No refund will be provided in these circumstances.
Number of guests
The property must only be occupied overnight by the number of customers and guests specified and paid for in the reservation confirmation.
Unaccompanied minors and under-18 year-olds
All guests under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult such as a parent, step-parent, guardian or other adult who has parental rights and responsibilities for the under 18 year old guest/s.
If a customer or guest is found to be under the age of 18 and is not accompanied by a responsible adult, NPWS may immediately cancel the customer’s reservation and the full reservation amount will be forfeited to NPWS.
NSW national parks are now no smoking areas. The smoking ban applies to almost all areas throughout NSW national parks and reserves, including picnic areas, campgrounds, accommodations, beaches, lookouts, walking tracks, and on national park roads. The ban doesn't apply to some commercial lease or licence areas, or to private residences located within a park. Visit our No smoking in parks page for more information.
Pets and domestic animals (other than certified assistance animals) are not permitted, as per the OEH pets policy as amended from time to time. You may be required to produce documentation proving the certification of your animal as a trained assistance animal.
Any monies, valuables, goods or vehicles that belong to you which are brought into the property remain your responsibility. NPWS is not responsible for their safekeeping and will not replace damaged, lost or stolen items.
Events and commercial use
Use of the property for any event or commercial purpose can only be conducted with prior written approval from the Property Manager identified on the NPWS Property Information sheet provided with your reservation confirmation.
Your personal information will be held and used in accordance with OEH's Privacy Management Plan and Guidelines as amended from time to time.
You are responsible and liable for the actions of your guests at the property, for the duration of your stay.
You must ensure that all your guests comply with these terms and conditions and any additional conditions included on the property's NPWS webpage.
If you have any feedback regarding the property, please contact the National Parks Contact Centre by calling 13000 PARKS (13000 72757), mailing PO Box A290, Sydney South, NSW 1232, emailing email@example.com, or by contacting the local NPWS office identified on the NPWS Property Information sheet for the location you have booked/utilised.