Green Point Reserve
Sydney Harbour National Park
Green Point Reserve in Sydney Harbour National Park is a beautiful location for a wedding ceremony or private party. Positioned in Watsons Bay, overlooking Sydney Harbour and Camp Cove, this picturesque outdoor venue is steeped in natural beauty.
- Venue is suitable for
- Private party or function and wedding ceremonies
- Maximum people: 120
- Drinking water, toilets
$760 for a 3 hour booking. Additional time may be requested at extra charge.
- Available for hire 7 days a week, except 25th Dec to 1st Jan.
To make a booking or for more information, please email the NPWS Events Team or phone (02) 9585 6570.
- Other Information
- This venue is also suitable for commercial and public events such as live performances, festivals and product launches.
Sydney Harbour National Park is home to some of Australia’s most picturesque settings, many of which form ideal backdrops for wedding ceremonies or private parties.
The beautiful Green Point Reserve is just one of these, and it’s an ideal venue hire option for anyone looking for somewhere extra special to host their event. Thanks to its prime position in Watsons Bay, overlooking Sydney Harbour and Camp Cove, this pocket of exquisite green space is an outdoor venue steeped in natural beauty.
With those amazing views and scenery that lends itself to stunning panoramic photography, your event photos will undoubtedly be impressive. You and your guests can soak up the sounds of the crashing waves, the trill of the birds, and the laughter of children as you enjoy your day among those picnicking and swimming nearby.
For the latest updates on fires, closures and other alerts in this area, see https://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/venues/green-point-reserve/local-alerts
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- in Sydney Harbour National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Sydney Harbour National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
Bradleys Head carpark: $8 per vehicle per day. North Head carpark: $5 per vehicle per day. There are pay and display machines that accept cards and coins - no change given. Chowder Bay Road parking: Monday-Friday: $3 per hour, to a maximum of $16 per day. Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays: $4 per hour, to a maximum of $20 per day. If you hold an NPWS All Parks or Multi Parks Pass, you can park free for up to four hours per day - additional time can be purchased. Car parks operated by Sydney Harbour Federation Trust or Mosman Council are not covered by your pass. Please check signs carefully.
Landing fees or tour fees apply to visit Sydney Harbour islands. All public visitors to Shark, Clark or Rodd Island, need to pay a $7 per person landing fee. To arrange, please contact 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS). Annual NSW Parks Passes do not cover landing fees.Buy annual pass.
All the practical information you need to know about Green Point Reserve.
Getting there and parking
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- Dry weather only
Limited parking is available on Pacific Street in marked spaces only. Spaces cannot be reserved for guests.
Bus services stop near this venue. Contact the Transport Information Line on 131500 for more information.
- All rubbish generated as part of the event is to be removed from the park and not deposited in bins.
- There is no publicly available power.
Toilets are located nearby.
2 x male and 3 x female (flush)
Potable water is available.
Maps and downloads
Fees and passes
Venue hire fees apply to certain bookings. For more information, email the Events and Venues Unit or phone 02 9585 6570.
Disability access level - medium
- Assistance is required in this area.
- There is 1 accessible parking spot available.
Food and drink
- You may bring your own food as well as portable gas barbeques fitted with drip trays for cooking
- Commercial catering is limited to plates or platters of cold food such as sandwiches, antipasto, canapes, salads and cakes.
- You may bring 1 bottle of wine or champagne for every 4 guests, and 1 case (24 cans or bottles) of beer or premixed drinks (375ml maximum) for every 20 guests.
Flower arrangements containing no seed material. A florist can arrange this for you on request.
Structures, staging, furniture and decorations
- Weighted free-standing decorative items such as bridal arches, red carpet and columns.
- 15 chairs with rail-style legs
- 3 tables no larger than 3m square
Commercial filming and photography
- 1 photographer, 1 photographer's assistant, 1 videographer and 1 videographer's assistant.
- Commercial filming and photography requires a small scale photography license
Power, lighting and amplified sounds
- 1 single speaker portable PA system or music player with an amplifier no greater than 50 watts
- Volume must be kept at a level that does not interfere with neighbours or the public.