Cape Byron Lighthouse precinct
Cape Byron State Conservation Area
Byron Bay is renowned for its beaches, atmosphere and iconic Cape Byron Lighthouse. For an outdoor wedding venue that ticks all the boxes, consider an area outside the Cape Byron Lighthouse precinct in Cape Byron State Conservation Area. The Pass, Palm Valley, Wategos and Tallow beaches are all ideal coastal venue hire options.
Nearby things to do
Nearby camping and accommodation
- in Cape Byron State Conservation Area in the North Coast region
- Cape Byron State Conservation Area is open all hours, but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- Cape Byron Lighthouse precinct is open 8am to sunset.
- The Maritime Museum in the former Lighthouse Keeper’s office at the base of the lighthouse is open 10am to 4pm daily.
- Opening before 8am for events or disabled access can be arranged by prior notice – contact NPWS Byron Bay office during business hours 02 6639 8300.
Park entry fees:
Cape Byron Lighthouse precinct and Information Centre: $8 per vehicle per hour/$4 per hour motorcycles. Maximum 1 hour per vehicle per calendar day, including all NPWS annual passholders.
Captain Cook lookout, Cosy Corner, and The Pass: $4 per vehicle/motorcycle per hour. Coin-operated and credit card payment available.
Coach entry: $26 per coach up to 30 seats; $50 per coach 31 to 43 seats; $83 per coach 44 seats and over.Buy annual pass