Bradleys Head Amphitheatre
Sydney Harbour National Park
If you’re looking for a location boasting impressive views across Sydney Harbour, Bradleys Head Amphitheatre is the perfect venue to hire for a party, wedding, product launch or intimate music concert.
- Venue is suitable for
- Arts and cultural events, concerts and festivals, corporate and business events, private party or function, sporting events and wedding ceremonies
Maximum people: 120
Weddings and non-commercial events: 120. Commercial events: on application.
- Drinking water, toilets
- $1060 for a 3 hour booking, which includes NPWS supervision. Additional time may be requested at extra charge.
- Available for hire Monday to Saturday. Venue not available from 22 December to 1 February and public holidays.
Weddings or non-commercial events for over 40 people (such as a family picnic) can be booked online via the ‘Book now’ button. Booking fees apply.
For all commercial and public events or wedding photography, please email the NPWS Events Team or phone (02) 9585 6570.
For general visitor and picnic information visit the Bradleys Head Amphitheatre page.
- Other Information
- This venue is also suitable for commercial and public events such as live performances, festivals and product launches.
- Bookings at Bradleys Head Amphitheatre are for non-exclusive use only, which means other park visitors may be around the area
Bradleys Head Amphitheatre is an exceptionally popular lookout in Sydney Harbour National Park. Picnickers flock to the site to capture its breathtaking views of the Sydney Opera House, the Sydney Harbour Bridge, and Fort Denison.
Thanks to its first-class views, it’s no wonder Bradleys Head Amphitheatre is regarded as one of Sydney’s best outdoor venues for a wedding ceremony or product launch. Your guests are sure to be as impressed with the stunning backdrop as you will be.
Bradleys Head is also a popular spot for photography, filming and wedding photography. Any commerical or wedding photography can be booked in.
For the latest updates on fires, closures and other alerts in this area, see https://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/venues/bradleys-head-amphitheatre/local-alerts
- in Sydney Harbour National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Sydney Harbour National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
Bradleys Head carpark: $8 per vehicle per day. North Head carpark: $5 per vehicle per day. There are pay and display machines that accept cards and coins - no change given. Chowder Bay Road parking: Monday-Friday: $3 per hour, to a maximum of $16 per day. Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays: $4 per hour, to a maximum of $20 per day. If you hold an NPWS All Parks or Multi Parks Pass, you can park free for up to four hours per day - additional time can be purchased. Car parks operated by Sydney Harbour Federation Trust or Mosman Council are not covered by your pass. Please check signs carefully. You can also pay for your visit via the Park’nPay app.
Landing fees or tour fees apply to visit Sydney Harbour islands. All public visitors to Shark, Clark or Rodd Island, need to pay a $7 per person landing fee. To arrange, please contact 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS). Annual NSW Parks Passes do not cover landing fees.Buy annual pass.
All the practical information you need to know about Bradleys Head Amphitheatre.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Bradley Head Amphitheatre is located in Sydney Harbour National Park – Ashton Park, Bradleys Head Road, Mosman.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
- Pay and display parking fees apply at Bradleys Head. Parking is available on a first-in, first-served basis in designated areas.
- There is also parking at nearby Athol Hall and the Rifle Wall.
- Vehicles larger than a 12-seater bus (5.3m) are not allowed to enter the amphitheatre carpark.
Bus services stop near this venue. Sydney Ferries services operate to the nearby Taronga Zoo wharf. Contact the Transport Info Line on 131500 for more details.Wharf Access: The wharf at Bradleys Head is not accessible by private vessel or water taxi. The nearest accessible wharf is the public wharf at Taronga Zoo.
Please take all rubbish, including plant and food material, with you when you leave.
There is 1 male and 4 female toilets.
- Flush toilets
1 tap and bubbler
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - hard
Wheelchairs can access this area with some difficulty. Access to the amphitheatre is by steps. Disabled toilets are available.
Food and drink
- You may bring your own food as well as portable gas barbeques fitted with drip trays for cooking
- Commercial catering is limited to plates or platters of cold food such as sandwiches, antipasto, canapés, salads and cakes.
- You may bring 1 bottle of wine or champagne for every 4 guests, and 1 case (24 cans or bottles) of beer or premixed drinks (375ml maximum) for every 20 guests.
- Additional catering may be approved on application.
Flower arrangements containing no seed material. A florist can arrange this for you on request.
Structures, staging, furniture, amusements and decorations
- Weighted free-standing decorative items such as bridal arches, red carpet and columns.
- 15 chairs with rail-style legs
- 3 tables no larger than 3m square
Commercial filming and photography
- 1 photographer, 1 photographer's assistant, 1 videographer and 1 videographer's assistant.
- Commercial photography and video requires a small scale photography license
Power, lighting and amplified sounds
- 1 single speaker portable PA system or music player with an amplifier no greater than 50 watts
- Volume must be kept at a level that does not interfere with neighbours or the public
- Lighting may be approved on application, however bookings are available during daylight hours only.
Balloons, plant materials and animals are not permitted, including:
- Decorations consisting of flowers or plant materials containing seeds
- Throwing paper confetti, rice or petals is not permitted
Tents and marquees are not permitted.
Vehicles larger than a 12-seater bus (5.3m) are not allowed to enter the amphitheatre carpark. This includes limousines.
Flying a drone for recreational purposes is prohibited in this area. Drones may affect public enjoyment, safety and privacy, interfere with park operations, or pose a threat to wildlife. See the Drones in Parks policy.
This area may be a declared Drone Exclusion Zone, or may be subject to Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) rules for flying near airports, aerodromes and helicopter landing sites. See CASA's Drone Flyer Rules.
Commercial filming and photography
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.