Areas outside Cape Byron Lighthouse precinct
Cape Byron State Conservation Area
Venue hire conditions
Organised events that can comply with current rules on public gatherings are allowed in NSW national parks. No other events can proceed until further notice.
Please get in touch with your NPWS event contact, the relevant local park office, or email the Events team to arrange bookings, cancellations or postponements.
Byron Bay is renowned for its beaches, atmosphere and iconic Cape Byron Lighthouse. For an outdoor wedding venue that ticks all the boxes, consider an area outside the Cape Byron Lighthouse precinct in Cape Byron State Conservation Area. The Pass, Palm Valley, Wategos and Tallow beaches are all ideal coastal venue hire options.
- Venue is suitable for
- Wedding ceremonies
- Maximum people: 100
- Drinking water
For fee information, please email the Events and Venues Unit or
phone (02) 9585 6570.
Venue not available for exclusive hire
Before sending an application form, please contact the Events & Venues Unit to check venue availability.
- A completed application form should be received at least 6 months in advance of the event in order to assure availability of your preferred venue and date(s) and adequate time for the review process by NPWS. Initial assessment of the event application, site plan and supporting documentation may take 2-3 weeks. Please contact the Events and Venues Unit for information regarding cancellations.
- Other Information
Filming and photography shoots on application.
Byron Bay is one of Australia's most popular wedding locations. Renowned around NSW and across Australia, it's home to magnificent beaches, a temperate climate, relaxed atmosphere, and the iconic Cape Byron Lighthouse.
For an outdoor wedding venue that ticks all these boxes, why not consider an area outside the Cape Byron Lighthouse precinct in Cape Byron State Conservation Area?
You can hold your ceremony on the pristine sands of one of the beautiful beaches fringing the cape. These include The Pass, Tallow Beach, and the ever popular Wategos Beach, all of which are available for non-exclusive venue hire.
You can also celebrate your wedding day amid the lush Bangalow palm rainforest of Palm Valley. A place of immeasurable beauty and great cultural and historical significance, it's one of the area’s most beautiful outdoor wedding venues.
- in Cape Byron State Conservation Area in the North Coast region
- Cape Byron State Conservation Area is open all hours, but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- Cape Byron Lighthouse precinct is open 8am to sunset.
- The Maritime Museum in the former Lighthouse Keeper’s office at the base of the lighthouse is open 10am to 4pm daily.
- Opening before 8am for events or disabled access can be arranged by prior notice – contact NPWS Byron Bay office during business hours 02 6639 8300.
Park entry fees:
Cape Byron Lighthouse precinct and Information Centre: $8 per vehicle per hour/$4 per hour motorcycles. Maximum 1 hour per vehicle per calendar day, including all NPWS annual passholders.
Captain Cook lookout, Cosy Corner, and The Pass: $4 per vehicle/motorcycle per hour. Pay and display machines - cash and credit cards accepted.
Coach entry: $26 per coach up to 30 seats; $50 per coach 31 to 43 seats; $83 per coach 44 seats and over.Buy annual pass