Polblue Falls walk
Barrington Tops State Conservation Area
Polblue Falls walk sits on the plateau of World Heritage-listed Barrington Tops National Park, between Scone and Gloucester. It’s a short walk that offers views of the largest waterfall in the park.
- Barrington Tops State Conservation Area
- No wheelchair access
- 0.4km return
- Time suggested
- Grade 3
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, sturdy shoes
This short walk is a great option for stretching your legs on a driving tour of Barrington Tops National Park, or after a hearty lunch at Polblue Falls picnic area. From the picnic area you’ll wind your way along Polblue Creek through subalpine woodland. At the end of the track you’ll be standing at the head of Polblue Falls—the largest accessible falls on the Barrington Tops plateau.
For a rustic camping experience in the fresh mountain air, stay at Horse Swamp campground near Polblue Falls picnic area. It’s a great getaway for families, with barbecue facilities and plenty of wildlife to spot in the surrounding wilderness.
Take your time soaking up the natural wonders of this remote spot, which forms part of the Gondwana Rainforests of Australia World Heritage Area. It’s recognised for its rare and threatened plants and wildlife that are very much like their ancestors in the fossil records. Geological formations in this area were formed millions of years ago, when Australia was part of the ancient supercontinent of Gondwana.
For the latest updates on fires, closures and other alerts in this area, see https://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/things-to-do/walking-tracks/polblue-falls-walk/local-alerts
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
All the practical information you need to know about Polblue Falls walk.
Grade 3Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
Quality of markings
Quality of path
Formed track, some obstacles
No experience required
Getting there and parking
Polblue Falls walk is in the plateau area of Barrington Tops National Park. To get there:
- Take Barrington Tops Forest Road (Scone Gloucester Road)
- Turn left onto Tubrabucca Road
- Continue along Tubrabucca Road for 2.7km
- Turn left and continue to the carpark at Polblue Falls picnic area. This is where the walk starts.
- Take Thunderbolts Way; this road becomes Scone Road and Barrington Tops Forest Road.
- 5km past Polblue campground, turn right into Tubrabucca Road
- Continue along Tubrabucca Road for 2.7km (past Horse Swamp campground).
- Turn left and continue to the carpark at Polblue Falls picnic area. This is where the walk starts
- Mixture of sealed and unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
There’s parking available for 3 cars at Polblue Falls picnic area.
- Toilets (non flush) are located at Polblue campground and picnic area, and at Horse Swamp campground about 30 minutes’ walk away.
- Picnic tables are available at Polblue Falls picnic area and Horse Swamp campground.
- Barbecues are available at Horse Swamp campground.
- There are no bins here so you’ll need to take all rubbish with you.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - no wheelchair access
This walking track is not suitable for wheelchairs because there are obstacles and in some sections the track may not be wide enough.