Gardens of Stone National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Bicentennial trail.
Getting there and parking
- Head west along the Great Western Highway
- Turn off at Marrangaroo onto the Castlereagh Highway
- Take Wolgan Road at Lidsdale
- Continue past Angus Place until you reach Blackfellows hand trail/road
- Park opposite and the unmarked trail heading west is on this side
Parking is available near Blackfellows Hand trail
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Gardens of Stone National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Experience the wonder of the spring bird migrations and enjoy the flowering season for many of the plant species of the park.
Though you need to be prepared for hot weather, this can be a great time to explore the pagodas as deep shade falls between them and in the canyons, making for dramatic photographs.
The light in the mountains is beautiful in winter. Take crystal clear scenic photos from your vantage point on the cliff tops or just marvel at how far you can see from up here.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
8°C and 25°C
0°C and 9°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
You are encouraged to bring gas or fuel stoves, especially in summer during the fire season.
Maps and downloads
- Mudgee office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4:30pm.
- 02 6370 9000
- 27 Inglis Street, Mudgee NSW 2850