Yarrangobilly Harrie Wood Cave tour
Yarrangobilly area in Kosciuszko National Park
This tour is cancelled until further notice. Yarrangobilly's Harrie Wood Cave has reopened after being closed for the last 11 years for cave research. Join this specialised guided tour in Kosciuszko National Park to find out more.
Tours have been cancelled until further notice to protect the health and safety of our visitors and staff.
- Yarrangobilly area in Kosciuszko National Park
- No wheelchair access
- Medium. Suitable for adults and children 6 years and over. Reasonable fitness required. Harrie Wood Cave entrance is a 1km walk from the carpark.
Adult/child $46 per person.
- Entry fees
Park entry fees apply for vehicles without a Kosciuszko National Park day pass or NPWS All Parks annual pass.
- Meeting point
- Buy your tickets at Yarrangobilly Caves Visitor Centre at least 30 mins before your tour starts. Then drive 100m to South Glory carpark. Meet your guide at the ticket box on the road above the carpark or at the cave entrance, depending on your tour time.
- Bookings required, call Yarrangobilly Caves Visitor Centre on 02 6454 9597. Full payment required at time of booking, no refunds possible. Spaces are limited.
- Also available on request for private bookings, on-site guests, birthday parties and group excursions.
Descend into this richly decorated 80m old tourism cave, now open after 11 years of cave research. You'll be issued with a torch and your guide will talk about the cave's features, including stalagmites. Like trees, stalagmites contain annual growth rings and can be viewed as archives of the past. You'll also see the Temple of the Thousand Idols, the heritage crystal bucket and climate change monitoring equipment.
- Yarrangobilly Caves Visitor Centre
- 9am to 5pm daily. Closed Christmas Day
- 02 6454 9597
- 50 Yarrangobilly Caves Road, Yarrangobilly, NSW 2720
- in the Yarrangobilly area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
The Yarrangobilly area is open all year. See individual show caves and guided tours for times and prices. Additional tours run during NSW school holidays. Contact Yarrangobilly Caves on (02) 6454 9597 to confirm the tour times for your visit.
Park entry fees apply in the Yarrangobilly area
$4 per vehicle per day applies at Yarrangobilly Caves for motor vehicles without a Kosciuszko National Park day pass or NPWS All Parks annual pass.
You’ll need to buy a ticket or cave pass from the Yarrangobilly Caves Visitor Centre to visit all Yarrangobilly’s caves.Buy annual pass